AED Tune Review.

Rdrcr

Established Member
I decided to post my own thread...I know there are many.

The AED Tune was worth the wait. The car drives great! Way better than factory.

On AED’s dyno my Mustang made 393whp/374wtq SAE with the Airaid CAI and SW Retro catback exhaust and factory tune. The AED Tune resulted in 408whp/382wtq SAE!

The car picked up a significant amount of power throughout the RPM range and 15whp/8wtq peak.

AED001_zps092c9d04.jpg

The drivability of my Mustang has been drastically enhanced with the AED Tune. Heck, the engine even sounds better! The power increase can be felt. The power delivery is smooth. Deceptively smooth. The car literally pulls harder and does it without any drama. The engine rev’s faster and the acceleration has been improved, especially at higher speeds.

The throttle response has also been greatly improved. The accelerator pedal actually feels like it is connected to the throttle blade. To be honest, I much prefer a Throttle Body cable setup for responsiveness. Luckily, with the AED Tune, the throttle response is very similar. The AED throttle response is crisp, direct, and immediate. While I’ll always consider the Mazda RX7 12A engine as the benchmark in throttle response, this setup has proven to better than all of the drive-by-wire setups I’ve driven. I’m impressed. No easy task.

I’m pretty certain that none of us have purchased our Mustangs for fuel mileage. I didn’t. But, with the AED Tune, I picked up +2 MPG! Which is great considering that before the Tune I was averaging just 19 MPG combined.

Overall, the AED Tune is an impressive upgrade and has made my car more fun to drive.

I highly recommend Shaun and AED! I’ll definitely be doing business with them in the future!

Mike

scott_0

Established Member
nice numbers! Shaun is the man, he really knows these cars well

768MPH

Established Member
I just got my AED tune as well with just an Airaid and GT500 mufflers.
What a difference?! And I previously had the Procal on there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread