AED tune on a magnuson F150

Bignasty13

Established Member
Went to the track last night and ran a new best of 11.72@117! Very pleased. I was able to get one poor quality in cab video (I think the image stabilization was freaking out). It's AED tuned on e85.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a2nxcxqaac

Hey bro seen your video on you tube today looked good man, looks like you kept in 4 wheel drive the whole way down the track!!! How's your block holding up?

Last edited:

mechanicboy

Established Member
Hey bro seen your video on you tube today looked good man, looks like you kept in 4 wheel drive the whole way down the track!!! How's your block holding up?

It will spin through 1st and 2nd gear then kick sideways if I down so in the interest of safety and not wanting to break the hubs I leave in engaged the whole way. It wouldn't come out anyway because the hubs need vacuum to pull which doesn't happen under boost or when the throttle plate stays open during shifts.

The block is still full stock down to the oil pump gears.

Last edited:

Bignasty13

Established Member
It will spin through 1st and 2nd gear then kick sideways if I down so in the interest of safety and not wanting to break the hubs I leave in engaged the whole way. It wouldn't come out anyway because the hubs need vacuum to pull which doesn't happen under boost or when the throttle plate stays open during shifts.

That's cool bro!!! I was wondering what your red line was at, my tuner does not feel comfortable taking it passed 6k. He is telling me it is do to the oil pump my not hold up on that high of a rpm. I guess you running another pulley on top of your crank pulley then for your blower.. I think we can get more out of it, I got 52lbs injectors in it but I don't know if the stock fuel pump will keep up with it..

Last edited:

mechanicboy

Established Member
7500rpm. Above 7k maybe you have to worry about the pump but it will do 7k all day. I have ID1000 injectors and didn't run out of pump until I was above 540rwhp on e85. Sounds like your tuner isn't very experienced with these engines.

My truck had about 5k miles on it when i first tuned it and It spun to 6600rpm n/a for over 20k miles then I put the blower on now I shift at 7k+ and have over 40k miles on the odometer.

Last edited:

Bignasty13

Established Member
7500rpm. Above 7k maybe you have to worry about the pump but it will do 7k all day. I have ID1000 injectors and didn't run out of pump until I was above 540rwhp on e85. Sounds like your tuner isn't very experienced with these engines.

Yea he mainly deals with the Gt 5.0. Right now as fare as I know I am the only one where I live at with my year model and motor I have the only setup like this so it is hard to find stuff out but I appreciate the help your giving me.. Looks like we r running the same amount on the AFRS and on my kit I am supposed to putting about 8 to 9 psi but I think I have some belt slippage. Wish I was over there where you are at and get it retuned.. I have a meth kit for it as well and have not put it on yet, come to find out he does not tune for meth. So I will find fined some one else local over here..

mechanicboy

Established Member
Yea he mainly deals with the Gt 5.0. Right now as fare as I know I am the only one where I live at with my year model and motor I have the only setup like this so it is hard to find stuff out but I appreciate the help your giving me.. Looks like we r running the same amount on the AFRS and on my kit I am supposed to putting about 8 to 9 psi but I think I have some belt slippage. Wish I was over there where you are at and get it retuned.. I have a meth kit for it as well and have not put it on yet, come to find out he does not tune for meth. So I will find fined some one else local over here..

Don't be afraid of the distance. I bought my truck in Texas and drove it back. In January I drove back to midland then to Houston and back to Vegas then home with the blower on.

I too think (hope) I have belt slippage because something was making a terrible screeching sound in the lower gears and after a shift, either that or the trans is beginning to slip.

Bignasty13

Established Member
Don't be afraid of the distance. I bought my truck in Texas and drove it back. In January I drove back to midland then to Houston and back to Vegas then home with the blower on.

I too think (hope) I have belt slippage because something was making a terrible screeching sound in the lower gears and after a shift, either that or the trans is beginning to slip.

Yea ur right bro.. First off i am going to have to get bigger injectors, mine are only at 546cc i dont think that will be enough injector, also need to get a good set of headers as well.. Sounds like the motor is doing pretty good.. Thanks for all the help..

mechanicboy

Established Member
Yea ur right bro.. First off i am going to have to get bigger injectors, mine are only at 546cc i dont think that will be enough injector, also need to get a good set of headers as well.. Sounds like the motor is doing pretty good.. Thanks for all the help..

No problem. Headers do really well with F/I.

black-plasma

Established Member
Makes me want to put a blower on my FX4 every time I see one of your vids or time slips.

Users who are viewing this thread