AED Flex fuel tune Dyno Numbers

burke985

Established Member
Been running this tune basically since Shaun offered it to the public and I've been very happy with it. Finally got around to making it back to the dyno, car made 622whp and 545 tq SAE on pump 93. Today I had a full tank of pump E85 in the car and I dynoed the performance tune and Race tune to see the difference and I also wanted logs to verify my fueling. Logs looked great and so did the dyno graphs lol, thanks Shaun for an awesome tune.

Results:

STD 689 whp and 584 tq (Race)
645 whp and 565 tq (Performance)
20160908_104758_zps7d7mwadl.jpg

SAE 673 whp and 571 tq (Race)
630 whp and 552 tq (Performance)
20160908_104818_zpsjasuvvce.jpg

jn2

Established Member
Good numbers, what lambda are you commanding up top? I usually try and lean it out .1-.2 on e85 over unleaded.

burke985

Established Member
Good numbers, what lambda are you commanding up top? I usually try and lean it out .1-.2 on e85 over unleaded.

Thanks,

Lambse read 0.799988 in bank 1&2 basically all the way through WOT from 2500k - 7800k when it shows he let out on the log.

jn2

Established Member
so it was probably commanding .80 through out the whole pull. If you aren't seeing any knock you should try .83 all the way to 5,000rpm, then step it down to .82 until redline. This should get you some additional ponies.

burke985

Established Member
so it was probably commanding .80 through out the whole pull. If you aren't seeing any knock you should try .83 all the way to 5,000rpm, then step it down to .82 until redline. This should get you some additional ponies.

Oh that is not my dept lol, I'd be nervous to screw something up.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
Awesome numbers! AED flex fuel tune is in my future! Hopefully by tax season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

This I would NOT do, looks like Shaun has the Air Fuel right on point.

kowalmustang

Established Member
Is the race tune the same as the drag race tune? I thought it wouldn't give any extra power just turn off the abs and tracton control. Are you still running the stock block or is it built? From the dyno it looks like your making 12.4psi is that correct.

jn2

Established Member
This I would NOT do, looks like Shaun has the Air Fuel right on point.

We runs off widebands, unless something wrong mechanically you will always be right on point. It has nothing to do with him "having the AF right on point". You calibrate your MAF period to get the MAF curve set and the ECM does the rest to achieve your commanded lambda.

There is no need to do any changes to the MAF curve to go up to .82/.83 except setting the commanded lambda to those values. Either way, if OP is happy that is all that matter, I just mentioned it since he has a race specific tune, it might as well be as aggressive as his fuel allows him to go. If there is room to push it further than push it further.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
We runs off widebands, unless something wrong mechanically you will always be right on point. It has nothing to do with him "having the AF right on point". You calibrate your MAF period to get the MAF curve set and the ECM does the rest to achieve your commanded lambda.

There is no need to do any changes to the MAF curve to go up to .82/.83 except setting the commanded lambda to those values. Either way, if OP is happy that is all that matter, I just mentioned it since he has a race specific tune, it might as well be as aggressive as his fuel allows him to go. If there is room to push it further than push it further.

By on point I ment at the correct Lambda for a power adder coyote. Not the .83 that you speak of. Taking into account peak cylinder pressure (cam timing plays a huge role in this) and the amount of spark up to the 5000rpm that you suggested I dont think the .83 would be that smart. But that's just me I guess, I keep all the power adder cars I tune on the south side of .80 lambda.

jn2

Established Member
By on point I ment at the correct Lambda for a power adder coyote. Not the .83 that you speak of. Taking into account peak cylinder pressure (cam timing plays a huge role in this) and the amount of spark up to the 5000rpm that you suggested I dont think the .83 would be that smart. But that's just me I guess, I keep all the power adder cars I tune on the south side of .80 lambda.

I do the same .80 when working with unleaded.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I do the same .80 when working with unleaded.

.80 on E85-E100 as well. Just cause its Ethanol does not mean you can run it lean...It has some more anti detonation properties but that will only take you so far

burke985

Established Member
Is the race tune the same as the drag race tune? I thought it wouldn't give any extra power just turn off the abs and tracton control. Are you still running the stock block or is it built? From the dyno it looks like your making 12.4psi is that correct.

On the flex fuel tune the Ignition timing curve on the Race or (Drag) tune is set to take advantage of the octane boost in E85, on the performance tune Ignition timing curve is set to run 93 octane. If you run 93 on the Race tune you will probably blow your shit up lol, so he gives you the two tunes so you can still run 93 if you have to. Yes im running stock long block but i did the OPG and Crank Sprocket so not completely stock. Car makes 8.5-9 psi of boost with the 82mm pulley

tgranber

Established Member
So let me understand this. I can get this tune on my A6 Paxton coyote and put any mix of 93 and E85 and it will always take advantage of the mixture accordingly?

burke985

Established Member
So let me understand this. I can get this tune on my A6 Paxton coyote and put any mix of 93 and E85 and it will always take advantage of the mixture accordingly?

No, on the performance tune it will only go as far as pump 93 would take you the mixture of fuel would not matter. To take advantage of the E85 you need to be on the Race tune as the Ignition timing is set to take advantage of the better fuel . You cannot run 93 on the race tune the timing curve is too aggressive for 93 and you wold blow your motor up. If you need just a 93 specific performance tune and drag tune he can give you that also. If you wanted to run the race tune you would need to run the 93 out of your car to almost empty and swap tunes from the performance tune to the race tune and fill it up with pump E85 then cruise for about 10 minutes so the computer learns the new fuel trims and your good to go.

kowalmustang

Established Member
OK thanks for the explanation. I run Shauns AED tune as well, he sent me two tunes one is a performance tune and the other is a dragrace tune. He knows my car is not E85 ready and all I run is 93 octane. I had my car dynoed but never thought to switch between the two tunes and see if the race tune made any more power with the same fuel. I know it didn't do any difference when I was NA but from what your dyno graphs show its a 40hp difference on E85 between the performance and dragrace tune.

Users who are viewing this thread