AED E85 5.0 vs Bama 93 5.0

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Entire reason for posting this video.. GO E85 NOW, my tuner is pretty good too lol

Cam Car
2011 M6 3:31's 5.0 O/R X, GT500, CAI, Bama 93 "Race" tune

My Car
2012 M6 Brembo 5.0 3:73, most mods in Sig. AED Corn FTW

40-13x in the mexico street racing league

Can't say surprising outcome, but ya. Cam Car let out just before the subtle F bomb was dropped. Bama car didn't state he had any issues (ie. shifting)

[youtube_browser]j0iw2uB8vEA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
nice...so better gears, e85 and no passenger?

doesnt seem like a fair comparison, not all things equal with e85 bieng the only variable

PIKE5.0

Established Member
nice...so better gears, e85 and no passenger?

doesnt seem like a fair comparison, not all things equal with e85 bieng the only variable

Both have passengers, his 3:31 would have an advantage at these speeds. Also, 19" with a 40 tire should disadvantage me a little more even.. So ya all things equal enough minus fuel

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
oh ok, it was hard to see if the black car hap a pass or not. I would think the 3.73 would have advantage up until 120 where the 3.31 go into 5th

maybe ill hit up shawn for an e85 upgrade muahahaha

PIKE5.0

Established Member
oh ok, it was hard to see if the black car hap a pass or not. I would think the 3.73 would have advantage up until 120 where the 3.31 go into 5th

maybe ill hit up shawn for an e85 upgrade muahahaha

Ya I'm really not super versed on the gearing. But, those shouldn't be a huge difference. And its 5th for me where I took off from him something fierce. I thought he had let out long before he actually said he did.

I happen to have 87% E85 every time I fill up at one gas station here. So my E85 tune is more aggressive than most just fyi. Most E85 from what I gather has ended up in the 70% range. Shaun makes you check that stuff hardcore.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Gearing makes a huge difference. I've ran many 3.31 and 3.55 cars with my old 3.73 car. Each with equal mods... and I pulled each one about the same as that... 3.73 makes a difference in a roll race because you have more mechanical advantage. It starts to change though when you go FI and make more power though.

BawseOG

Established Member
Alright so I can't hold back anymore.... I have 01 2v gt all it has O/r x pipe diablo canned tune and I've raced two new 5.0 and yes they beat me but not before I pulled about a car and a half on them from a.40 roll before throwing 3rd and getting walked. Are these 5.0 low on torque?

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Alright so I can't hold back anymore.... I have 01 2v gt all it has O/r x pipe diablo canned tune and I've raced two new 5.0 and yes they beat me but not before I pulled about a car and a half on them from a.40 roll before throwing 3rd and getting walked. Are these 5.0 low on torque?
Low?…No. What gears you running?….What about the 2 5.0's you ran?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
They started one gear above where they should have. :lol1:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Good run. 3.73 gear is strong from a 2nd gear punch. I would attribute most of that victory to the gears over the E85

BawseOG

Established Member
Stock gearing.... The first one I raced had bolt ons we both had two passengers, I pulled about a car in second and he flew by me once I hit third. Sounded sick ass fuk was worth the raping lol. The second one looked completely stock and I was riding with my girl he was solo, and I put about two cars on him in second and he got me once I threw third would have hung better if I was solo also... I just bring this up because all the YouTube video I've seen right of the bat the 2v are left behind but I don't?

BawseOG

Established Member
I also ran a new camaro ss stock auto and he couldnt pull on me we stayed together till the end of my 4th... I don't think 2v run as bad as they say they do.. A bolt.on ls1 m6 Trans am only got me by half a car...is.mine a freak or are 2v underrated

BawseOG

Established Member
Dirty d that's what I thought but I ran the stock one 4 times with the same outcome I'm pretty sure he would have drop a gear on the other runs

Eminaga

Banned
I also ran a new camaro ss stock auto and he couldnt pull on me we stayed together till the end of my 4th... I don't think 2v run as bad as they say they do.. A bolt.on ls1 m6 Trans am only got me by half a car...is.mine a freak or are 2v underrated

When I had my 2000 GT with full boltons and 3.73 gears I was even with a new 6 speed camaro up to 90 before he let off. Camaros are not that quick at least on the street. Gosh sometimes I miss that 2v :lol1:

Edit: Also I test drove a 2013 Mustang GT with 3.73's and it felt slower than my 2v until I looked down at the speedo and saw 120! I would say my 2v would have kept up up to 60-70 before getting walked hard.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Already knew the outcome before I watched it. 3.31s are the gears to have on the 5.0s not to mention AED tune and on corn to boot!

Good spanking op.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Sweet race OP

They started one gear above where they should have. :lol1:

This

I'd say find better drivers, My friends auto SS put a hurting on my Geared/Bolt-on 2000 GT. wasn't even close:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread