Advise on buying a car without seeing it in person.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I've done it, had good results after extensive communication, vids & pics.
With an older fox, I know how picky you are. I'd check on a plane ticket.

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't know why you would even consider it. Fly there and take a look. The worst that can happen is you fly back without a car. If you decide to buy it, have it shipped and fly home. Or if you want to drive it home, you can use the other half of your round trip ticket in other ways, usually.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know why you would even consider it. Fly there and take a look. The worst that can happen is you fly back without a car. If you decide to buy it, have it shipped and fly home. Or if you want to drive it home, you can use the other half of your round trip ticket in other ways, usually.
This is what I've thought about doing.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You mentioned you plan on possibly waiting a year plus to find the right coupe. Give it time, there will be better cars, closer to home.
Don't jump on the first one you see.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You mentioned you plan on possibly waiting a year plus to find the right coupe. Give it time, there will be better cars, closer to home.
I'm quite compulsive. My wife knows how I am with certain stuff like this. It should be an exciting time researching and looking for the "right" one. So maybe I should take a step back.

Seems I usually need to travel a little ways for a clean, non rusty vehicle.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

I usually agree with this, but...

I sold my 86GT last December to find a Saleen, passed on the first one that was exactly what I was looking for, but it was in Cali and I thought that one would come along soon enough that would be closer. Nope, nothing yet...

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

This. I've looked at a lot of foxbodys over the years that the seller described as "mint", only to find out when I got there that the sellers definition of mint, and mine, were two totally different things.

I'd hate to have the shipper show up with a car the I wasn't pleased with.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
He sent me more pictures and some video. Title has a flag on it. Says miles exceeded it's limit. Doesn't this happen with older cars? It's not original motor.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The guy who bought my Lightning bought it from out of state sight unseen. Only had my word and the pictures I sent him. Wasn't cheap either. Lucky for him I'm honest and it was perfect.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The guy who bought my Lightning bought it from out of state sight unseen. Only had my word and the pictures I sent him. Wasn't cheap either. Lucky for him I'm honest and it was perfect.
Sometimes there are honest sellers, I'm the same way.

I emailed motor tech yesterday via email. I received a prompt reply. They have inspectors all over the country. It seems like a good option having a third party look over the car. They can also give an appraisal which I'd want for car insurance purposes.

I just need the seller to agree with it, otherwise if they won't that's a red flag for me.

https://www.motortechappraisals.com

Users who are viewing this thread