Advice wanted on first bolt ons

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
So I've been dying to put a few mods into my basically stock 14 GT just to have some more fun at the track and what not. I've ran my best of 8.0@89mph in the 1/8th a few weeks ago after being stuck in the 8.30s for several months trying to find the sweet spot in riding/dumping the clutch on drag radials. I'd really like to get closer to mid 7's which shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm going to have $1100 to play with so ive got a little mod list planned out and was wondering if you guys think I shouldn't bother on some parts or if I should focus on other areas. I mainly want a little more power and for my car to sit lower but I don't want the springs to negatively effect my ETs which is why I chose drag springs.

BMR Drag springs: $206.75
J&M Adjustable Panhard: $96.90
Jegs Cat Deletes: $156.99
Bama X4 tuner: $376
PMAS Intake: $281.06

All of these will put me right at $1117 with vendor discounts which is right on the money. I know a lot of guys say no to Bama, but I never had an issue with them tuning my old Cobra and a friend of mine has an auto 5.0 with a Bama tune, Pypes exhaust, and a JLT intake running 7.70s in the 1/8th cutting as good of a 60ft as his stock converter will allow so he really likes the tune.

Does anyone have actual experience with doing a JLT, PMAS, Airraid, etc swap that picked up at the track enough to be worth it? It seems like everyone enjoys the PMAS now but I'm just curious how much it'll actually lower my ET vs the stock airbox with a tune and cat deletes if I don't decide on the intake.

Any advice would be awesome. Thanks SVTP

9TMAREEE

Established Member
skip the cold airs, keep the stock airbox, off road X, lund or AED tune and MGW or barton short throw. All together should run you around 1100 dollars and definitely the best bang for buck mods on a stock coyote

nate714

Established Member
Tires first, suspension next. I have a cold air intake and throttle body, they are hardly noticeable you'll get more for your money in tires, suspension, or exhaust.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I already have Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Without them I could barely run 8.70s lol. So skip the cold air intake. The main thing with tuning I have an issue with though, is datalogging. I'm honestly not very computer savvy as I have never owned one. I type all of this on my iPhone. I mention this because I've heard AED doesn't tune without datalogging, so I'm not sure how I could go about getting his tunes without a laptop? His website seems a little vague on that matter. But I have heard that his tunes are amazing over others.

I also planned on BMR lower control arms at some point that I've read will help my 60ft times but I'm not sure how much lower of a 60ft I could get with the small amount of bolt ons that I'm looking into

jjd975

Established Member
Keep it simple and start with ORH/ORX pipe and tune. Skip the CAI. See how it runs with those mods and go from there. No need to feel like you have to do it all at once.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
The stock airbox and filter are great on these cars. As for the exhaust, the only "restriction" are the cats and even that is fairly negligible. As the others have said, off-road x-pipe and a tune. AED or Lund are both very capable tuners.

As for suspension, a good set of tires will do more for the handling of the car than anything else to start with and significantly help launches.

basspro302

Established Member
Lund ngauge is easy to use and data log. Lund has great customer service also they will walk you through stuff if you need help.

bottle fed 14

Established Member
I already have Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Without them I could barely run 8.70s lol. So skip the cold air intake. The main thing with tuning I have an issue with though, is datalogging. I'm honestly not very computer savvy as I have never owned one. I type all of this on my iPhone. I mention this because I've heard AED doesn't tune without datalogging, so I'm not sure how I could go about getting his tunes without a laptop? His website seems a little vague on that matter. But I have heard that his tunes are amazing over others.

I also planned on BMR lower control arms at some point that I've read will help my 60ft times but I'm not sure how much lower of a 60ft I could get with the small amount of bolt ons that I'm looking into

Call Aed he can probably send you a tune that will work perfectly with out having to data log

Users who are viewing this thread