Advice: Swirl Remover on Light Colored Cars?

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I'm familar with the 3m Stuff.. for dark colored cars.. Do they have one for light colored? or do you guys recommend something else? My car is Mineral grey so don't know if it qualifies as dark colored anymore.. My 99 was black.

Thanks!
Brian.

tropi-care.com

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Our Tropi-Care TC-8 Swirl Cutter is light blue and is suitable for use on light or dark colored cars. It will remove the swirl marks instead of filling them.

Can be used by hand. Best results with machine application.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Are the swirls light or moderate? I would highly recommend the Poorboys SSR line or the Meguiars 80 series professional line.

For light swirls: Meguiars #80 or #82, Poorboys SSR 1 or 2

Moderate-heavy swirls: Meguiars DACP (#83), Poorboys SSR 2.5

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
spree said:
I'm personally a big fan of the Poorboy's SSR line.
:beer:
start with the ssr 2.5 for problem areas and the ssr 1 for the rest
follow up with some Clearkote VMW hand Glaze then use some poorboys EX-P and top with some Megs #16 for the ultimate deep,wet gloss
but clay the car first and go get some microfiber towels (I got mine from Sams Club) and use them throughout the process
and if you don't have a PC I suggest you get one with a pad kit
give Scott a call at SMP he'll put you in the right direction :coolman:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Are the swirls light or moderate? I would highly recommend the Poorboys SSR line or the Meguiars 80 series professional line.

For light swirls: Meguiars #80 or #82, Poorboys SSR 1 or 2

Moderate-heavy swirls: Meguiars DACP (#83), Poorboys SSR 2.5

Their light swirls.

NXGHOST

Established Member
Swirls on white can be deceiving. I find the swirls are usually worse than they appear. I use Poorboys SSR2.5 followed by SSR2. If you want the White really bright follow up with SSR1 using a polishing pad. My personal favorite look on white after the swirl removal is Their Polish With Carnauba topped with Nattys Paste wax.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
I'm familar with the 3m Stuff.. for dark colored cars.. Do they have one for light colored? or do you guys recommend something else? My car is Mineral grey so don't know if it qualifies as dark colored anymore.. My 99 was black.

3M makes the following:

-3M Perfect It II Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Colored Cars
-3M Perfect It II Swirl Mark Remover for Light Colored Cars

I would venture to say that your car still falls under the dark colored cars category.

Also, I highly suggest the 3M stuff because it is very mild in terms of abrasiveness and would be very hard to mess up with. Also, you mentioned that they are light swirls.

A tip for polishing: ALWAYS start with the LEAST aggressive step first. You can always go more abrassive if need be.

Hope that helps :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread