Advice Request- Selling a 2014 GT500

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
Unfortunately, I have to sell my GT500. I will truly miss this car.

Having made my decision, I am trying figure out what I should ask for the car. Below are the factory options

Deep Impact Blue
Stripe Delete (46D)
SVT Performance Pack (821A)
Track Pack (55S)
Electronics Package (59S)
Recaro Seats (88Q)

The car has brand new MPSS tires
28K Miles

The car has one small door ding on the passenger door and a small scratches and paint chips.

I was thinking of asking around $52K OBO, but doing some searching I think there may be some crazy or exceptionally shrewd people. I have seen a 2014 car with equivalent options listed by the owner for 75K on CL. Granted the car had less than 5000 miles on it. Others ask more than what I was considering, which is above KBB BTW.

Have any advice for me?

Zemedici

Established Member

Having made my decision, I am trying figure out what I should ask for the car. Below are the factory options

Deep Impact Blue
Stripe Delete (46D)
Track Pack (55S)
Recaro Seats (88Q)

28K Miles

The car has one small door ding on the passenger door and a small scratches and paint chips.

I was thinking of asking around $52K OBO, but doing some searching I think there may be some crazy or exceptionally shrewd people. I have seen a 2014 car with equivalent options listed by the owner for 75K on CL. Granted the car had less than 5000 miles on it. Others ask more than what I was considering, which is above KBB BTW.

Have any advice for me?

52k is good

Guy on CL is on Acid asking 75k....

ralphy179869

Established Member

Deep Impact Blue
Stripe Delete (46D)
Track Pack (55S)
Recaro Seats (88Q)

28K Miles

Have any advice for me?

I paid $58k for a '14 with performance, track, electronics, but no recaros, no stripe delete. It had 6,000 miles and new tires. I know I paid a bit too much, but I trusted the dealer and it was CLEAN. I wanted something in modded and like brand new.

I think the low $50k range is good. I wouldn't settle for less than your $52k, I bet you'd get it no problem.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would start with 52k, I'm sure you will walk away with at least 50k.

DeadStang

Established Member
$48k will move it. There's way too many with less miles for cheaper.

I bought mine (only a '13, but still, and have had it almost a year) with 400 miles for around this price. TP and PP, Recaros, etc. If you actually want to sell the car--unlike he $75K guy who is nuts--ask $52K. Start firm-ish on the price and see how much interest you get in a reasonable time frame.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Depend on how fast you want to move it. I just listed mine for $52.5K, very reluctantly, everyday I consider removing my add, this car is so awesome I know it'll only be a matter of time that I'll regret the sale. But for yours, I'd say $52k is a solid number, agree that $48K would sell fast. There really aren't a ton of these out there, and anyone wanting a particular color, you have to wait who knows how long for the next one. My price is fairly firm, I would not break $50k on it, lord I don't know if I'd take an asking price offer, lol, I mean I would, but ...

50stangpower

Established Member
Depend on how fast you want to move it. I just listed mine for $52.5K, very reluctantly, everyday I consider removing my add, this car is so awesome I know it'll only be a matter of time that I'll regret the sale. But for yours, I'd say $52k is a solid number, agree that $48K would sell fast. There really aren't a ton of these out there, and anyone wanting a particular color, you have to wait who knows how long for the next one. My price is fairly firm, I would not break $50k on it, lord I don't know if I'd take an asking price offer, lol, I mean I would, but ...

Where is yours listed at? I just sold my 11 Matching yours to a T. Now I am in a candy red 13. Id be interested in some of the parts off of yours if you want to sell it more stockish. What part of MD are you in?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I feel your pain on this. I'm getting ready to go snap a few pics of mine in order to post it for sale. I've tried to hold onto it in the hopes my legal situation would get resolved by now but the stakes are getting raised and the process is dragging out. There's substantial upside for me but it's killing my cashflow in the short-term.

You're on the higher side of the mileage range. For your options 52K OBO is probably reasonable. Clean it up and take a ton of pics inside and out.

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
The hits keep rolling in. Having just ordered new tires for the car, I decided to burn off the shoes adorning the rear wheels the day before having the new MPSSs installed. I took it easy at first - conducted a couple of good 1st to 2nd burnouts right in front of my house, which is in a very rural area. The third time I got greedy and really laid into the throttle and lost control of the car - resulting in a quick entry into a shallow ditch adjacent to a peanut field. the impact tore the front facia off the car. I eased down the tractor path, back onto the road, and into the driveway. I noticed fluid under the car and knew the radiator and/or one of the coolers was damaged.

Had it hauled to a body shop up the road and at first the outlook was good; minimal damage. Then the next report was they couldn't locate an "intercooler" and a radiator for the car. Could take months. Then the final nail in the coffin came a day or two later - the frame is slightly bent. They tried to pull it out but could not. The car, which is in great shape other than the stupid shat I did to it, is a total structural loss.

The only shiny silver lining is my insurance company offered me over $56k as a settlement. I doubt I could have pulled that from an individual.

I expect my insurance rates are going to skyrocket.

edit - as good as we all think we are - the GT500 owner must respect this car and expect the least expected. I have burned through three sets of tires in 24k miles and never lost complete control until that fateful day.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes till Feb. I'm gonna put the stock tune and parts back and play stupid. Had a bad tank of fuel. Went to stab the throttle and the motor detonated hard. Hurt 2 Pistons and blew a head gasket.

If you had a tune on it than Ford will know. The ECU counts how many times its been flashed. Play stupid and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This thread took a real depressing turn.

I just sold my '99GT I've had since 04, and that sucked.

Selling my new one woukd totally emasculate me.

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
As it turns out, USAA offered me a settlement of $57,983 for the totaled GT500. Honestly, I don't think I could have pulled that on the market to an individual - with the car in pristine shape with 27K miles.

I spoke with the manager at the body shop where the estimate for damages was being done. Evidently, USAA shopped the car on the salvage market and got a VERY good bid, hence the settlement offer of ~$58K.

Still tore up over this whole episode of stupidity on my part, but I doubt a better outcome could have been achieved. I must be living right.

Users who are viewing this thread