advice on track car!!!!!

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
the car 96 mystic ....the mission thunderhill track car and weekend auto cross terror...... where to start have eiback springs and tokico 5-way shocks would a good move be sway bars next ? please everybody chime in ........thanks in advance mike...

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
where in sac you live? i dont believe i have seen a 96 mystic on the road around here, you may have the only one

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
I live in laguna now! was out @ surise last night and saw a few cobra's and mach 1's but didn't get to talk to anybody! nobody seemed to friendly .... maybe it was me but there were a LOT of cops out !!! been a while since I'd been out there.... where are you @?

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
im up in cameron park yeah sunrise is pointless as cops are everywhere i am not even going to risk it as i run an offroad x pipe and citrus heights pd will tow my car for that instead of a normal fix it ticket. if you wanna make a run against me there are plenty of places up here where i make runs that are away from everyhwere, or you can bring it to sac on wednesday itd be nice to see a mystic out there

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
oops yea Iv'e got a few mods subframe conectors ,mm caster camber plates gears 31 spline detroit and a little more but I want to turn a corner not just a straight line since my last car was a 96 911 carrera 4 .... thanks steeda1982 thats kinda what I want along with a few brake upgrades

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
Hey 97 svt I dont want to come up I'm up there quite a bit I have a few people that live off cambridge drive ...... but would love to meet up @ sac raceway one wed night .......

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
well come this wednesday i finally got all my problems sorted out and am hoping to hit some good numbers this week but ill keep my fingers crossed

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
well i was running consisten 13.6 and 13.7s then i go the 4.10s in which created spinning on every shift
so the nittos came which solved that
but when the nittos came, the clutch started slipping big time
so since ive hit that number in my sig, ive added 4.10s nitto dr's, upr off road x pipe, and steeda u/d pullies along with the spec clutch. Maybe if god will smile upon me for just one day i can see a 12.999999999

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
yeah upgrade the brakes and if your going to run the car hard at the track alot for extended periods of time then you may want to get a bigger radiator. Also get some ss brake lines. You can also run strut tower bars to bring up te rigidity

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
i want to get my cobra out at sac raceway too. i cant now and wont be able to for awhile. i need to gte my cars issue solved first, but i should have that taken care of in the next week or so. 97 svt cobra: that offer i made on sacstangs.com still stands, i think our cars r pretty evenly matched but uve got the steeper gears. we'de have to go from a stop because if i tune my suspension right, ide get ya outta the hole. lookinforcobra: if i see u out on the rise i will make a big deal about it, i LOVE mystics(i almost bought one). ill c u guys around.

Justin

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
my name is nick, and yeah thatd be nice to see your mystic i have never seen a 96 in person. Oh and in a week or so i think kevin and i will have put on my nitrous system so i dont know if we will still be evenly matched but we can still run with me on and off the juice

chknhwk

My advice would be lower control arms and a panhard bar. What kind of pads are you running? Brembo stock replacement rotors are only $70ish through Tirerack and that would be fine for the track. Get an extra set of pads/rotors for the track. Hawk Blacks or Blues would be great track pads to try. After doing LCA's and a PHB you should notice improved braking. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread