Advice on Purchase

Dig

Established Member
I recently sold my pride and joy my 1993 Toyota Supra, I'm now hunting for a clean street fox body or a terminator, I will cut to the chase...I'm looking for a legit street car that can be driven and not trailered everywhere. I'm talking to a member about purchasing his fox body mustang and i'm going to see it in person next week, coming from the Supra world I would like everyones advice on what I should look for on this particular set up and if this fits my description, and the price range this would run. Thanks

I have a black w/grey tweed 89 GT. Body has 13X,XXX miles. Paint is probably a 5 or 6 out of 10, and the interior is a 6 or 7 out of 10 (I may be being a bit harsh though as you can see from the pics). Paint has some oxidation, a couple small dings, the plastic moldings are a bit faded, and the weather stripping is worn. The Sunroof weather stripping is in rough shape, but doesn't leak. The interior is just faded a little more than anything, no major defects and the seats still aren't half bad. Im sure there are a few things I am missing, but I can answer other little questions by phone. Engine bay was stripped and painted the factory color. All non-essential holes filled in, everything smoothed out, it looks amazing!

Now on to the other details. The motor was just recently replaced (Aug 2012) It only has 313 miles on it. Here is a list of mods:

Engine/Drivetrain:

R302 BOSS 331 SB (313 miles)
Vortech V-1 @ 10.72lbs of boost
Meth stage 2 (SNOW kit)
Custom grind Comp Cam. Unknown duration and lift.
Manley H-Beams
Forged 4340 Crank
Diamond pistons
ARP everything
Top Proline Heads 325 CFM
Holley upper & lower port matched intake
MSD everything
SCT BA 2400 MAF
AFM Power pipe
TKO 600 straight cut
Spec stage 3++
Adjustable quadrant
Zero balance flywheel
Powermaster 1 wire alternator
Canton 7qt Oil Pan
Windage tray
Griffin Radiator
Griffin Fan
Trunk mount battery that needs to be remounted.

Exhaust:

Mac L/T's
Mac O/R H pipe
Mac C/B
75mm TB

Fuel System:

BBK Fuel rails
Braided lines
Bugatti Veyron dual in take pumps
Vortech in line piggy back pump
60lb hr Injectors

Suspension:

Subframe connectors
Bullit shocks
Metco Upper & Lower Control Arms
5 Lug Conversion
4.56 Gears
Brand new rack steering rack

Wheels & Tires:
Satin 17x9 Cobra wheels
NT05 275/40 17's out back (About 300 miles on them)
Sumitomo 275/40 17's up front
15" Welds with M/T's on them

Interior:
Innovator A/F gauge
single A pilar gauge pod
Meth Gauge
Meth on/off switch
Autometer Boost gauge mounted in ashtray
JLT Perfomance camera mount

Exterior:
Brand new Ultra Clear smoked headlights & Fogs
Brand new Cobra rear tail lights
Cervini's SVO Cowl hood

Lots of other things, just can't think of everything. I have documentation for everything, to include paperwork from previous owners. I am the 3rd or 4th owner. Car made 572/520 on 10lbs. Car is tuned to 7k rpms by Josh @ Horsepower Solutions in Hampton, Va. Car runs strong and is very fast. Car ran a 11.06 (can't remember the mph) back before the motor swap. Before the swap the car was making 465rwhp.

I'm not sure really what to ask price wise. I have asked friends and shop owners and they are saying $13,000 is fair. However, I will entertain all offers. No trades, unless its a bike and some cash.

Thanks for reading and looking. Car is located in Newport News, Va.

Dyno Vid:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...57549957441385

Idle Vid:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...09642472217234

10splaya22

Established Member
If you wanted a street car I would rather have a Terminator, more refined but still able to make tons of power and still be easy to drive on the street. That fox you posted doesn't sound like the most streetable car in the world.

Dig

Established Member
I would rather have a terminator also but i'm looking for "most bang for my buck" and also I wouldn't mind something rough around the edge as a project, hard to find a terminator that needs TLC. I'm coming from a 1993 Supra full blown E-85 car on stock suspension, I'm no stranger to a bit of a rough ride...please keep opinions coming.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I'm not going to knock a fellow members car. I will say that sounds like a nice built fox body. BUT with 4.56 gears, that's gonna be some high rpms at cruising speed.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I'm not going to knock a fellow members car. I will say that sounds like a nice built fox body. BUT with 4.56 gears, that's gonna be some high rpms at cruising speed.

I was thinking the same thing. You'll be watching the fuel gauge drop at the same rate the RPM gauge is rising.....

Dig

Established Member
Find a termi swapped notch fox = WIN

I've been searching high and low for a mod fox but cant find anybody that wants to sell. If anybody has any leads PM me, are there any other sites/forums I should be looking on?

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been searching high and low for a mod fox but cant find anybody that wants to sell. If anybody has any leads PM me, are there any other sites/forums I should be looking on?

I know your in Virginia but here is a great forum to check out (south eastern fox bodies)

SoutheasternFoxBodies

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I think this price is a little high. You could change the rear gears to 373's
It sounds like a nice sleeper as it sits.

BigWill90

Established Member
I think with it having a aftermarket block & forged internal & a blower price sounds about rite but I think you could get a nicer fox body appearance wise for 13k

Dig

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to pass on this fox...I really want to find a clean mod Fox or a black terminator coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread