Advice on Notchback purchase

Dig

Established Member
Need some advice guys, I think this is a good deal but would like everyone elses opinion. 1993 Notchback w/ 76k original miles, clean car fax no problems.
- Ford Racing 306 Crate Engine
- Pro Charged @10psi
- T56
- Center Force Clutch
- Black leather interior
- Cervini Hood
- 17" Cobra R's / 5 lug conversion
- Edelbrock Manifolds
- Diablo custom tuning for heads, cam, blower, charger with diablosport chip
- All gauges, AC, Heat works.

Only thing that bugs me is the owner is not very car savvy and can't tell me much more than the obvious things he bought for the car. It makes 450whp/450tq, which seems low to me? Also he can't tell me the model of the procharger off the top of his head, hoping one of you guys could identify it. He's asking 17k for it.

I'll attach pictures below

I'm attaching a few pictures below

Dig

Established Member
ch3_zps5c035943.jpg

notch2_zps1bcafb28.jpg

notch1_zpsc2999e34.jpg

notch_zps1040b3c1.jpg

svt 500

Established Member
Looks like a old PS1 blower. A car like this is hard to find and if its in great shape, most want a pretty penny for it.

Last edited:

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
I wouldn't pay more than 9.9K for that notch. Any low-mile untouched V8 fox is worth over 10K IMO

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Nice notch - but it's not worth $17,000. I'd say more like $11,000-$12,000, maybe.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Way to high. The welds on the subframes look like shit.
I would politely tell him no thanks we are way to far apart,good luck with selling it.
Looks clean from the outside though.
You can find a terminator for 17k

Wicked81

Established Member
Id pass and keep looming. Way too much. Doesnt even have a dart block or something strong. That looks like an old blower, he is trying to recoup all his mod money..

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
$17k is way to high. $11.5 seems right to me. Prefect condition or not, supercharged 306's are a dime a dozen. It does have a T-56 and low miles. HP seems on the mark for a 306. I'd buy if it drives right.

tistan

Established Member
Only way any supercharged 5.0 is worth over $10k is if it has an r block or dart block. I'm not paying a premium for a time bomb or something that I have to go back and spend several thousand to put and aftermarket block in before I can turn up the boost.

Kooks Headers

Established Member
Only way any supercharged 5.0 is worth over $10k is if it has an r block or dart block. I'm not paying a premium for a time bomb or something that I have to go back and spend several thousand to put and aftermarket block in before I can turn up the boost.

Agree! 17k is WAY too much. 10k tops.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Untouched cars can be worth that, but it's a seller's market with Fox V8 coupes. FWIW, that car does look pretty clean. IMO, owners that don't know jack about their car, are usually the ones I stay away from.

Users who are viewing this thread