Advice on an '11~'12 GT

greenscobie86

Established Member
Hey all,

Looking to get into a low miler 2011 or 2012 GT car, preferably with under 20k as I'd like to have some warranty left. This will be my daily as so I am pretty set on getting a car with Sync and leather and maybe even heated seats if I can find the right one, dont really want a base car.

Anyhow, I've been cruising all websites high and low and am wondering what is the ballpark I should be offering for a low mileage GT with leather, Sync, shaker, and Mycolor for example? I am thinking very low 20's since I see brand new Mustangs being sold for as low as $28k(albeit base models.)

My other big question is:
This will be my first car that will not be completely bought in cash, I've decided that I will finance approximately half of my purchase price. I have perfect credit and all that good stuff. So how did you guys go about financing and getting the best rates? Went straight through FoMoCo or elsewhere?

If anyone had a similar scenario or can share some input I'd greatly appreciate it.

Very excited to get into a Coyote powered car soon, gonna miss my 96 4v though :-/

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I bought a 2011 gt premium back in may 2012. It was total impulse buy on my end as i just graduated college n got a good job. I paid 26k with extended warranty which was dumb since I'm tuned the car n going to lowering as well. It had 15k leather heated seats, syco no brembos or nav or glass roof. Now when I look since 2013s came out I can get the same car but with less miles around the same price or lower. But nothing I can do now.. I also dd my in NY I rlly dnt want to but I need to save up for a house n my future n also it's just a gt if it was a boss or something then I would have another car

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Also when I looked that was the cheapest I could find same miles n then were around 28k I should have waited n got a new one but I've always wanted a mustang n like I said before total impulse buy but u live n learn

greenscobie86

Established Member
thanks for the "real" info guys. That car in MD looks pretty much perfect, although I honestly want to try and come in for under $25k. However that car is FULLY loaded so its worth the money.

5bites, if you're serious I'd like to see some pics haha.

Ultimately Im in the same position as 11_Ingot5.0, except I dont want to make silly decisions and make "impulse buys." No offense of course brother!

I'm definitely looking high and low now, trying to get into something before the warm weather comes.

Asylum938

Established Member
I bought my 11 at the beginning of december 2012.

California special package, leather, heated seats, sync, power passenger seat

for 25k with 10k miles. I thought it was a good buy.

CobraHuck

Established Member
I bought my 2011 premium in September '12 with 18.9k miles, leather, Brembos, Sync, my color, everything but Nav/heated seats/power pass seat. Paid 21 and change

Sent from TapaTwat

alex3610

Established Member
This is great information. I'm going to be in the market in the next few months hopefully as well. Seems like for the car Cobrahuck described, dealers around here are asking as high as 27-28k for that. I doubt they are getting it but who knows. This will be a second car for me, something I want but don't necessarily need so I have no trouble dropping a low number on them and walking out the door if they don't like it. What year did the "track apps" thing in the dash display become available?

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
... Threads like this make me sad, I paid 38 for my BBP 3.73 HID shaker1K premium... Sticker was 42ish, sometimes I hate being north of the 49th parallel

CobraHuck

Established Member
This is great information. I'm going to be in the market in the next few months hopefully as well. Seems like for the car Cobrahuck described, dealers around here are asking as high as 27-28k for that. I doubt they are getting it but who knows. This will be a second car for me, something I want but don't necessarily need so I have no trouble dropping a low number on them and walking out the door if they don't like it. What year did the "track apps" thing in the dash display become available?

Track Apps didn't start till '13. I originally saw my car on Autotrader and the dealer was asking 28k. Never went to look. 3 weeks later it'd dropped to 25k, so I went to look. Got it down to 21 and change after some wheel and dealing and my trade (the truck I traded was a high mile, beat to hell POS :lol:) so I'm right at 25 and change after TTT and financing. Good deal IMO

greenscobie86

Established Member
Thanks for the info you guys! I'm definitely going to push for super low 20's especially now that the '14MY is out.

My ideal car would me White Leather/Sync/MT82..

Rct851

Established Member
Thanks for the info you guys! I'm definitely going to push for super low 20's especially now that the '14MY is out.

My ideal car would me White Leather/Sync/MT82..

Same situation bud, also putting over half down. From researching and questioning I've been doing he last few months anything over 25k would have to be loaded to the max and relatively low miles. And I think it's doable.

The biggest problem is from what I can tell A LOT of people are upside down on these cars and asking their "payoff" on their loan. Which is understandable but it puts the asking price unreasonable

greenscobie86

Established Member
^

Good thoughts, glad I am not the only one who is seeking information/buying tips on a Coyote car.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I bought my 11 at the beginning of december 2012.

California special package, leather, heated seats, sync, power passenger seat

for 25k with 10k miles. I thought it was a good buy.

I would say thats a good buy...PA?...Hmmm I wonder if its the Black CS I was looking at around the same time. What dealer? The one I was looking at with 10K was at Tom Masano Ford.

I ended getting my 5K mile Premium for a little less. Car was too perfect to pass up.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

Laloosh

Established Member
Don't believe half of these amazing buy stories. A lot goes into the details like trade in, interest rate, down payment ect. Just cause someone got an appears to be "steal" means they got rapped somewhere else :)

greenscobie86

Established Member
@ VETTEHUNTER thanks a lot!! Going to talk to them now. Looks perfect for me.

Laloosh, Im sure youre right in ways. But I still believe there are deals to be had.

Users who are viewing this thread