Advice on 97 Cobra?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
I have a 97 cobra and it currently has jlt RAI, bassani xpipe with cats, magnaflow magnapacks I think?, plasma booster, and I think that's it. I have a few parts coming in soon....

Parts coming in:
Steeda tri ax shifter
UPR cc plates

What else should I get done as far as bolt ins and for starts? Let me know thanks!

Last edited:

svtcobralover

Established Member
I have no idea what a plasma booster is, and I don't think you do either.

As far as mods, get full length subframe connectors and a tune. I have almost the same exact setup as you and I run 13.0-13.3s all day.

svt97cobr4

Established Member

As far as mods, get full length subframe connectors and a tune. I have almost the same exact setup as you and I run 13.0-13.3s all day.

A plasma booster helps improve the combustion and gives it an increase in torque, so you thought wrong. 13.0-13.3, what does stock run?

svt97cobr4

Established Member

Now full subframe connectors I do not know what that is? What do they do? And how much do they run for?

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
Get full length subframe connectors and gears and a tune. 4.10 if you wanna build it for the street. I track my car so I have 3.73s.

SubframeS connect the front and back sections of the car making the Unibody much more rigid. Trust me, even with stock power you want subframes. They cost around $150. I like maximum motorsports. You will also need to pay for them to get installed at a good shop unless you have a roll on style lift and can weld.

Last edited:

svt97cobr4

Established Member
Get full length subframe connectors and gears and a tune. 4.10 if you wanna build it for the street. I track my car so I have 3.73s.

SubframeS connect the front and back sections of the car making the Unibody much more rigid. Trust me, even with stock power you want subframes. They cost around $150. I like maximum motorsports. You will also need to pay for them to get installed at a good shop unless you have a roll on style lift and can weld.

Alright thanks for the advice, what about throttle body's?

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Sorry to butt in but id like to know a bit more about this plasma booster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Dan.J

Established Member
No need to replace the stock throttle body as it wont net any real gains. If staying N/A get at least 4.10's. Subframe connectors as others have said. Plasma booster.........hmm :dw: Interested in what exactly that is? I'm guessing like a Kenne Bell boost a spark or somthing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread