Advice needed

airmanb2b

Established Member
Ok guys, I am getting ready to jump on the TVS train as well. I'm currently running a ported blower setup with 2.6 upper and ATI 15% lower which as we know the ATI is not a true 15%. I'm thinking of going back to stock lower and running the TVS with the 2.5 upper and maybe going down to the 2.4. Thinking the new combo should make comparable boost but more efficient power. Possible 50hp gain? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enormous

Established Member
The 2013 Ford TVS comes with a 2.7" pulley. Perhaps keep your ATI lower and run the 2.7 upper. This way you don't require labour to swap the lower and save cash by not buying a 2.4 or 2.5 upper plus time on the pulley install.

airmanb2b

Established Member
I do all my own work, so it's more time than anything. My front crank seal is starting to weap a little so it has to come off again anyway.

APMECH

Established Member
Like enormous said. I would keep the lower (fix your leak), run a 2.7 upper and you'll have more torque. Later on you could up the boost with a smaller upper if you want.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Guess I should be more clear on what my intentions are. I want to make more power than my current setup blower only. The lower will be coming off.

APMECH

Established Member
Oh, then you're not looking for advice on what to do, just advice on whether it's worth it or not..... That would be an expensive 50 hp.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Sorry guys, guess I should have been more clear. Just looking to see what gains I would expect going from what I am now to the TVS setup. Should have went TVS from day one.

Black Sex

Established Member
Should have went TVS from day one.

My first mod was Bobs LCA's & springs, second mod was TVS.

If I was you I would keep the lower and run a 2.6 w/ quick change hub and then get your blower snout milled so you can run the 2.4 which would get you around 19-20psi. Then you could swap on different uppers for different occasions.

I run the 2.6 on my TVS and it makes about 15psi and Im guessing around 600ish rwhp.
50hp +/- gain would be a decent guess on similar boost levels between the ported stocker and TVS.

APMECH

Established Member
A 2011 with your same setup (also had a dual 65mm t/b) put down exactly 50 hp less than mine(tvs with 2.5 upper) on the same dyno, similar conditions.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm in a similar situation, that's an expensive upgrade for 50-75 hp. Imo save your cash and whipple it, my plan anyway. I remember when UB switched he said on the hit the tvs didn't feel as strong until he went with the.2.4 upper. Later, he wanted a bigger blower anyway. If your going to move forward from where your at whipple or.kb it, then you will be content.

Users who are viewing this thread