advice needed!!!

parkerexpress

Established Member
Has anyone tried or know anything about the Diablo Delta Chip that allows you to switch the program on the fly. I have a 99 Mustang Gt and am thinking about nitrous, and this box sounds like it would help alot with that setup.

khaine

Established Member
what else do you have on your car mods wise?

I don't have a delta chip on my car, but I'll prolly be adding a different chip soon to bump up the rev limiter to about 9000 or so...

most of my tuning is done with a Mafterburner which has a couple of capabilites you might want to consider

zone 5 performance

parkerexpress

Established Member
I have off-road x with flows, cold air intake, and a ported throttle and throttle neck.

On a side note, why do you want to rev to 9000, according to my dyno, the car falls off at 6. Is there some benefit?

khaine

Established Member
Originally posted by parkerexpress
On a side note, why do you want to rev to 9000, according to my dyno, the car falls off at 6. Is there some benefit?

my car is blown, I don't want to be hitting the factory rev limiter every since it removes fuel, which is a really really bad thing. I'm in the process of setting up a MSD DIS-4 mess so I'll be using that rev limiter instead. with the PI heads you start getting valve float around 6800 so you don't really want to be reving any higher than that.

parkerexpress

Established Member
gotcha. Whick functions of the mafterbuner might i use if I am considering mods. I am wanting gear and possible nitrous. (torn on blower or nitrous) Blower is so expensive.

khaine

Established Member
it allows you to tune your a/f ratio using a set of RPM based tables, if you are running nitrous, you can get the Plus version which has switch selectable tables, and a few other good functions which I can remember off hand, but they are available on the website

khaine

Established Member
well, for me it was, but that's not to say it's for everyone.

I went from 260 at the rear wheels up to 418 at the rear wheels, I don't have to fill up any bottles, so no added expense there.

parkerexpress

Established Member
yeah, hard to justify 3000 for blower over 700 for nitrous. Even with bottle refills, but then again, the blower looks better and is always ready. DECISIONS, DECISIONS

khaine

Established Member
at the stop light, thinking to yourself, is the bottle full? did I remember to open the valve? is he going to notice me venting my lines? etc :)

vs.

step on the gas and go

Users who are viewing this thread