Advice for tall drivers

theCollector

Established Member
Has anyone made modifications to get more head/leg room in the 03/04 Cobra's...? Such as different seat brackets, modifying the factory seat brackets, etc... to lower seat and/or allow it to go further back.

I love the 03/04 Cobra's but am really to large to fit comfortably. Not Shaq tall but just over '6"6.

PS. Factory seats are a little narrow as well. 50 chest and 40 waist make factory seats feel like kindergarten chairs.....

Screamin'SVT

Banned
I know somebody makes seat rail extenders that let you put the seat back another 1.5-2". I'm sure someone will chime in with a link. That's about all I know of.

Welcome to SVTP.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
mine is all the way back and it is just perfect, any taller and i'll have to look into this.....

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
Kenny Brown does make them, although their site is currently "under construction". I have them installed on my driver side only. They allow at least 5" additional inches of leg room. This was a necessity for me. I'm very happy with them.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I'm 6'2 ~195#s. I thought about getting the seat rail extenders, as the car harder for me to drive comfortably compared to my WRX (near perfect).

I'm going to hold off until I get a new shifter and clutch height adjustment kit. My actual driving position is great in the cobra, but its what I have to do w\ my extremities that dosen't feel quite right. The clutch pedal is too high, and the shifter has too long of a throw. I think changing both of these will make the car feel great.

Ashley

theCollector

Established Member
03BLKSNAKE said:
Kenny Brown does make them, although their site is currently "under construction". I have them installed on my driver side only. They allow at least 5" additional inches of leg room. This was a necessity for me. I'm very happy with them.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

5 inches of adjustment would make a huge difference... That might put it right where I need it... I did check the Kenny Brown site and like stated above it says under developement. I was at his shop twice in the last 3 years during the PRI show. I could have just asked while I was up there.

I just didnt know it was him

Thanks again. I may not have to wait for the 07 Cobra to come out afterall....!!! Although I might have to get larger seats, but that is nothing if they go back far enough..

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Unless my car is just some kind of a freak, I have no problem fitting in the car and I'm 6'8 240lbs.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I have the Kenny Brown seat extenders and it was a nice improvement. But, these cars are just not designed for big people. The narrowness of the seats, the thick door panels, and the location of the steering wheel all conspire against comfort with a tall/big person.

That being said, I enjoy the car so much that I really don't care and have gotten used to the tight fit.......Will have to admit though, the 05's are a vast improvement in this area......

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'm 6'1 and just over 280 and I fit better in my 99 Cobra than my 90 5.0. The only thing that kills me is the huge freakin door panels and the seats are a little tight at a 56 chest.

In my 5.0 I had to Gangsta ride it with a lean to fit comfortably.

Matt

theCollector

Established Member
04SilverSerpent said:
Unless my car is just some kind of a freak, I have no problem fitting in the car and I'm 6'8 240lbs.

Your car may be a freak or your proportions are different than mine. I am 6'6"+ and over 260. I have a 36 inch inseam. I drove my friends 03 convertible and it just didnt work. Maybe if the seat went further back I would be ok. It reminded me of driving my 91 coupe which had no leg room also.

Users who are viewing this thread