Advice for improving DD lowered suspension with progressive mods to come

Epic Fail

Established Member
I'm brand new here as far as posting, but spent a great deal of time mainly searching and reading before even joining, not wanting to ask stupid questions.

What I'd like to know is what would be a good next step for the front end of my daily driven 2011 GT Premium (3.73, Brembo, etc) that already has an Eibach Pro System Plus kit on it. I've had it on the car for year and have enjoyed it, but hardly get the chance to really push it much at all. Still with stock Premium 19" alloys, if that matters.

The two fronts were bare on the inside edges, so I moved the rears up which were still good, and put some S -O4 Pole Positions in the rear, staggered.

Would an aftermarket K member be a logical next step to improve front end handling, or should I get some adjustable caster/camber plates first? Going staggered has turned the car into a pig handling wise. It's my fault for not getting it aligned again, which I'll be doing shortly, but I'd also like to continue to improve the handling, regardless of NVH.

Thanks

djclark

Established Member
If you are gonna keep the staggered setup, you can tweak the handling using the eibach sways ( looks like they are adjustable ). With big tires out back, the car will want to understeer. To counteract this, you can make the rear bar stiffer. If the Eibachs can't give you what you need, you can always get some BMRS. I have the BMR pieces front and rear on mine. You might also want to consider going back to a square setup if handling is your thing. You can pickup a set of 18x10 rims and tires for ~$1600.

EDIT : Took another look at the pro system. Looks like the front is only lowered 1.0". Ideally, you'd be 1.5" all around. So thats another option for you - Some BMR Springs - hopefully they will work with the eibach struts/shocks.

I'm brand new here as far as posting, but spent a great deal of time mainly searching and reading before even joining, not wanting to ask stupid questions.

What I'd like to know is what would be a good next step for the front end of my daily driven 2011 GT Premium (3.73, Brembo, etc) that already has an Eibach Pro System Plus kit on it. I've had it on the car for year and have enjoyed it, but hardly get the chance to really push it much at all. Still with stock Premium 19" alloys, if that matters.

The two fronts were bare on the inside edges, so I moved the rears up which were still good, and put some S -O4 Pole Positions in the rear, staggered.

Would an aftermarket K member be a logical next step to improve front end handling, or should I get some adjustable caster/camber plates first? Going staggered has turned the car into a pig handling wise. It's my fault for not getting it aligned again, which I'll be doing shortly, but I'd also like to continue to improve the handling, regardless of NVH.

Thanks

Last edited:

greenscobie86

Established Member
If your front tires are wearing unevenly I would go for some CC plates + alignment to cure that.

Epic Fail

Established Member
If your front tires are wearing unevenly I would go for some CC plates + alignment to cure that.

I agree there. I'm letting my next upgrade path mentally derail what my next actual step should be. The thought of the K member going in would give me pause on paying twice for an alignment. FWIW, I plan on getting the tires back to square in the next few weeks. It took a while to figure out if I could get 275's on the front with the Brembo wheels and lowered, without rub.

I read about the weight savings and better handling performance with the aftermarket K members, but what I haven't been able to find is much commentary that attributes that to better front end geometry correction from fixing the off axis angle from the lower stance?

If the K member addition is that impressive, I'd go that route and stay square in all 4. Either way, it's getting an alignment shortly. I just didn't want to have to do it twice.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Epic Fail

Established Member
It seemed stupid to put off the alignment any longer, so I went ahead and had that done today. I'll still order a set of CC plates when I can. I appreciate the advice. It drives like new or better now, but I still want more obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread