Advice and help

gr8del

Established Member
Hey everyone hows it going? Well I'm new to this forum (obviously) and need a bit of advice and help. I currently own a BMW 335i and am being forced to sell it due to an unforeseen financial hit. (I know I own a evil foreign car) But it is a sleek looking, comfortable DD with a kick in the pants when you want it. (Ran 1.895 60', 12.78 @ 106 on Runflats, 97 octane and loss of boost going into 4th gear)

A bit about me, I am in the Marine Corps stationed at Quantico, VA. I pretty much only drive on the weekends for pleasure and a couple errands. I'm selling my car to get a cheaper monthly payment so I can save a bit more money than I am currently able to. I'm looking to get a upper teens low 20k Cobra. I would prefer a low mileage car to minimize the a** whooping put on them by the 'typical' Cobra driver.:rockon:

I talked to a buddy of mine who used to own a KB Cobra and is looking to get another Cobra as to what I should look for. He said to check the rear diff for fluid leak and to see if a brace has been installed, pulley cover for 'stock' cars, clutch pedal for stiffness, and for a clunk putting the car into first and second. So far the only car Ive looked at is a 03 at Performance Auto Sport in Richmond that was tucked into the shop's garage. Being that it was tucked so tightly I couldn't get much more than a look at the engine and interior. The car has ~23k miles on it with a brand new engine. Apparently the owner got a bad tune and blew the original engine. The new engine has less than 100 miles on it. The body (from what I could see) was in great shape along with the interior. They are asking $24k for it. Provided the car is in good shape other than the bad original tune, is that a good deal? Also the gentleman who owned the shop suggested getting an unmodded Cobra and going from there, while my friend suggested getting a modded Cobra so someone else can take the monetary hit. Which would you recommend? Also are there any other reputable dealers in the area (I'm limited to 300 miles from base)?

Thank you for taking the time to read my long-winded post and I would greatly appreciate any help you all can offer.

Very Respectfully,

Anthony

PS- My friend recommended this site.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
what's up man. i was tdy to quantico for a bit when i was with 8th and i. you would be fine buying a highly modded cobra as long as a reputable shop built it and as long as you get it checked out before hand. ie compression test, etc. below are a couple of nice terminators in the area you are interested in and high end auto sells alot of cobras. they really know their stuff about them. if you find one that has been built by excessive motorsport then i can tell you to buy it. the first one i posted is. also if you get a stock one i highly recommend letting excessive do all the modding. chris and torey are great guys. chris is world class mechanic and has an in house dynojet and sct level 4 tuning. i've been going to them for 3 years now...lol hope this helps.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-black-cobra-vert-built-has-3-4l-whipple.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...l-254/612917-2004-cobra-600-rwhp-sale-va.html

Hi-End Auto LLC

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
try Wells auto . I'm not sure it is in VA or WV. They always have low mileage stock cars at good prices. I also believe you can get the best deals from provate owners off of here and auto trader .

Let us know what you end up getting.

what year in your BMW?

Users who are viewing this thread