Advice about my disappearing fender liner.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
NJMP next month is my next event so I'll see how the fender liner issue comes into play there.

I can already tell that with the 3/4" longer wheelbase and 18" 35 series tires, the front passenger tire is grinding into the MAF mounted right in front of the passenger side tire on left hand turns, going into a driveway for instance.

That is a more immediate problem for obvious reasons and due to the intercooler plumbing, not a simple fix. Argh. Its always the little issues that take the most time.

Greg, on another note, that is a damn nice picture. Whoever took it has a pretty impressive camera!

On one last track "bling" observation.. I don't think I've seen a drop shadow car number before. Pretty nice #90 sign there! :)

Pic is from Travis Trussel. He shoots sometimes at NASA events.
Here's some of his work. It's really awesome.
nasaforums.com • View topic - A Few Pics From This Weekend

Thanks for the compliment on the numbers. :beer:

Gonz

Established Member
Pic is from Travis Trussel. He shoots sometimes at NASA events.
Here's some of his work. It's really awesome.
nasaforums.com • View topic - A Few Pics From This Weekend

Thanks for the compliment on the numbers. :beer:

I liked the old numbers :shrug: But hey, I still use painters tape.

jeje. Nice picture, Greg. I guess it's the bottom of the chute before T5. That's a nice place to sit and watch Mustangs come through with their brakes on fire. Did you make any video of this weekend ?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I liked the old numbers :shrug: But hey, I still use painters tape.

jeje. Nice picture, Greg. I guess it's the bottom of the chute before T5. That's a nice place to sit and watch Mustangs come through with their brakes on fire. Did you make any video of this weekend ?

Gonz, I still carry the old numbers to the track with me in case someone just can't help themselve and gets a case of sticky fingers in the middle of the night (I know who you are #06). LOL

And you're right, going into T5. I'd have thought with the 800# springs I wouldn'd get so much dive.
It feels completely stable, but looks as bad as it used to with my old springs. :shrug:
I am trying to brake less going into T6 now, so you can follow me with complete confidence. :rolling:

Here's a short video from a couple sessions with Chris, Doug & Simon in their Termys...
[ame=http://vimeo.com/6288712]NASA HPDE 3 and TT Summit Point Aug '09 on Vimeo[/ame]

And here's the flood Friday night when we were just being let in the gates.
The water got over my rocker panels!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/6253997]Summit Point Flood on Vimeo[/ame]

Gonz

Established Member
the chute is a pretty steep downhill, so I bet there's even more weight on the front end than normal.

Nice video. I like your pass on the outside of T3. I forgot how much fun NASA events are. I hope to get get back out there soon, so you'll have someone to pass :D

gmsux

Established Member
What camera and mount system are you using? The video quality is really good.

Here's a short video from a couple sessions with Chris, Doug & Simon in their Termys...
[ame=http://vimeo.com/6288712]NASA HPDE 3 and TT Summit Point Aug '09 on Vimeo[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread