Advice 305/35/18

blueIce

Established Member
Having a hard time finding a set of 275/35/18 front and 305/35/18 rear. This will be for a summer daily driver, so I do not want drag radials. Any advice would be appreciated.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post blueice and welcome to the boards.

The rear size is where you are having trouble. The two tires we carry in this size are competition models. Tell me a little more about your setup. What are your wheel dimensions (width & offset)? Do you have any suspension modifications?

Depending on your setup, you may want to consider running 265/35-18's in the front and 295/35-18's in the rear.

blueIce

Established Member
I have Cobra replicas; Front-18" x 9", +26mm offset. Rear-18" x 10.5", +27mm offset. Only suspension mods are Steed Sport springs.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the additional information.

The 265/35-18's and 295/35-18's work perfect with your wheel dimensions. In these sizes, you have a few great models to choose from. That said, what were you looking for out of your next set? Will you be doing any type of racing? If so, what type? How many miles do you typically drive per year?

Here's a list with all the available models that come in a matching set.

Nitto NT05
BFG KDW NT
Nitto Invo
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
Bridgestone 760 Sport

blueIce

Established Member
I'm in Illinois, but will be driving in the Summer only. Looking for something with good handling. Leaning toward the BFG's or 760's.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Both the KDW NT and RE760 Sport will provide excellent handling. In fact, all the tires in post #4 will provide excellent handling. Between the KDW NT and RE760 though, both models are comparable in dry and wet traction. Since the RE760 is rotatable (asymmetric tread design) from side to side, you may see more life out of them if they are properly maintained.

Users who are viewing this thread