Adopted a cat!

scottminot

Established Member
Just like the title says, I adopted a cat. I walked into the local Petco this weekend and for some reason I went over to the adoptable animal section that the local humane societies have there, which I never pay attention to, and saw her. She was pulling my heart strings pretty bad so a few hours later she was mine. She has to be the most affectionate and loving cat I ever met. She's three years old and was found as a stray and brought to the shelter.

Just make's me wonder how many animals like this are put down because nobody wants to adopt or take the time to visit the local humane shelter and see what they have to offer. Here's a few pics.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

scottminot

Established Member
No tricks just yet. She's still getting settled in so she's a bit timid right now. Hides in the bedroom most of the day.

04SVTF

Established Member
I'm sure she'll grow out of it. All my cats have been rescues. Good job on the save, she looks likes she's grateful.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Good for you. We have two and they bring a lot of joy into our lives. Part of the family.

snakecharmer

Established Member
No tricks just yet. She's still getting settled in so she's a bit timid right now. Hides in the bedroom most of the day.

Perfectly normal. Most cats generally hate it when you change their enviornment. Mine were in a funk for a good two weeks last time I moved. Don't rush her, let her do it on her on good time.

scottminot

Established Member
dogs>cats
/thread

I've been a dog lover for years. I used to have an old english sheepdog and a sheltland sheepdog. I had to give them up for adoption when my ex-fiance left me because I worked 10 hours a day and couldn't care for them.
Believe me I'd rather have a dog or two but the cat is pretty cool.

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
cool story you did a great thing by taking her home. millions of cats and dogs are killed in shelters every year. most people care less about that problem and turn a blind eye

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
Cute Cat! Looks real close to the one we just adopted a little over a month ago. She is going to come around soon and drive you crazy just like our little baby girl. lol

Users who are viewing this thread