ADM's

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here is the problem that Dodge is having with their dealers concerning the Hellcat sales. Does this sound familiar? I only have experience with Ford's sales practices with the 2013-14 GT500's and that was a nightmare. It seems that Ford learned nothing from that fiasco.

Dodge Hellcat Customers Warned About Shady Dealers

Dodge had a terrible time with this. I've heard horror stories.

I haven't heard terrible stories about Ford though.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Dodge had a terrible time with this. I've heard horror stories.

I haven't heard terrible stories about Ford though.

Then you didn't see any of the threads associated with the 13/14 GT500 ordering or pricing problems that were on all the forums.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Then you didn't see any of the threads associated with the 13/14 GT500 ordering or pricing problems that were on all the forums.
I saw several threads like that.

I never saw an article written on it.

Forums are great for 2 things: information and whining. Log on to any forum on the planet and you'll find both.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You have to see the problem from the customers side, not just the dealers side. There were articles written that spoke of dealer fraud with the 13/14 cars. Dealers that took $5,000 to $10,000 non-refundable deposits on cars they knew they would never receive and many other problems.
This is last I going to mention the 13-14 GT500's. This thread is about the dealer practices concerning the 15-16 GT350 & GT350R. My experience with these cars was talked about in my first post. I not interested in buying one, I am very happy with my 13 GT500.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Part of the issue is the benchmarked cars that the 350 is competing with. The 13/14 500 obliterated its segment but did not match in terms of performance the Porsche turbo, zo6, etc. this time the 350r does in matching a vehicle that routinely sells for twice as much.

bpmurr

Established Member
Part of the issue is the benchmarked cars that the 350 is competing with. The 13/14 500 obliterated its segment but did not match in terms of performance the Porsche turbo, zo6, etc. this time the 350r does in matching a vehicle that routinely sells for twice as much.

The GT350R is close to matching a Porsche GT3 around the track. The regular GT350 matches a Z51 Vette around the track. The GT350R is slower than a GT3 the quarter and the same for the GT350 and Z51. It's basically the flip of the GT500.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The GT350R is close to matching a Porsche GT3 around the track. The regular GT350 matches a Z51 Vette around the track. The GT350R is slower than a GT3 the quarter and the same for the GT350 and Z51. It's basically the flip of the GT500.

I don't see it as a flip. It matches the GT3. The GT500 never matched or beat the top cars in the 1/4. It only beat the cars if it's segment. This is a huge difference in these two vehicles.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm told mine is being built in December.

And my car is being courtesy delivered. No ADM here :)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm told mine is being built in December.

And my car is being courtesy delivered. No ADM here :)
You're gonna start this up again Haha

What color did you order?

Also, I'm still waiting on Jim's to schedule. His is first in our region to get pulled the next go around.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You're gonna start this up again Haha

What color did you order?

Also, I'm still waiting on Jim's to schedule. His is first in our region to get pulled the next go around.

Lol. My car will look like the below, but track pack

69fe8d8352622f21ee523f872aa5bf66.jpg

Nice, I know he is excited, thank you again for your help!

bpmurr

Established Member
2016 Camaro was just announced as Motor Trend's Car of the Year. Hopefully that will drive some of the got to have the hot car interest over to the Camaro and put some downward pressure on the GT350 ADM ridiculousness.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2016 Camaro was just announced as Motor Trend's Car of the Year. Hopefully that will drive some of the got to have the hot car interest over to the Camaro and put some downward pressure on the GT350 ADM ridiculousness.
Yeah..

So are you gonna get a Camaro instead?

Motor Trend = GM biased

Not to mention Camaro and Mustang people are just different types of people. I doubt it has any effect on the cars.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah..

So are you gonna get a Camaro instead?

Motor Trend = GM biased

Not to mention Camaro and Mustang people are just different types of people. I doubt it has any effect on the cars.

What drives and sustains ADMs on the Hellcat, GT350, etc. are new buyers and not the fans of that particular brand. These buyers are wanting in on whatever the hot car is. As soon as attention turns towards another car the market cools off.

While I'm not a Camaro fan they've put together one hell of a car that isn't even a special edition.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What drives and sustains ADMs on the Hellcat, GT350, etc. are new buyers and not the fans of that particular brand. These buyers are wanting in on whatever the hot car is.
We can agree to disagree.

bpmurr

Established Member
We can agree to disagree.

Let's take a look at history. The 2013-14 GT500 and 2012-2013 Boss 302. Both cars were hot and commanding ADMs then cooled off into their second year. The Boss held on a little longer because of the refresh between 12 and 13. Just the Mustang fan base alone doesn't sustain ADMs. MSRP or less deals will be had on the GT350 just like every SE Mustang before it.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's take a look at history. The 2013-14 GT500 and 2012-2013 Boss 302. Both cars were hot and commanding ADMs then cooled off into their second year. The Boss held on a little longer because of the refresh between 12 and 13. Just the Mustang fan base alone doesn't sustain ADMs. MSRP or less deals will be had on the GT350 just like every SE Mustang before it.
I didn't say there wouldn't be deals to be had.

I sold 4 at MSRP already.

hognutz

Established Member
There was a car on ebay last week for 72,970 and now it is magically 62,970 at relist so these huge ADM's are not real selling prices they are just fishing.

I mean 5k over MSRP right now might sell but it will be MSRP come spring most likely.

I mean this car is a littlle bit Z28 like in terms of 1/4 mile is average so it is not like it is just killer in every performance category so how do you keep the price in the stratosphere forever once there are 100's on the ground.

all these dealers that won't sell at MSRP end up cutting there own throat at some point as they pass up all these sold orders at MSRP and eventually keeping the price that high builds iventory on the ground.

if dealers were selling at MSRP there would be almost all sold orders right now probably.

Last edited:

Saleen_1977

Established Member
There was a car on ebay last week for 72,9720 and now it is magically 62,970 at relist so these huge ADM's are not real selling prices they are just fishing.

I mean 5k over MSRP right now might sell but it will be MSRP come spring most likely.

I mean this car is a littlle bit Z28 like in terms of 1/4 mile is average so it is not like it is just killer in every performance category so how do you keep the price in the stratosphere forever once there are 100's on the ground.

all these dealers that won't sell at MSRP end up cutting there own throat at some point as they pass up all these sold orders at MSRP and eventually keeping the price that high builds iventory on the ground.

if dealers were selling at MSRP there would be almost all sold orders right now probably.

10/4 amen

Users who are viewing this thread