M91196

Established Member
Details please @13COBRA

Is it TOB?

ac258f33db20d6788dffcd579dbe45b2.jpg

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
What details do you need? Car dealerships are in the business to make money just like everyone else. Nobody bats an eye at the 70%+ markup being applied to appliances and electronics that are being sold every day.

Arrogant Dealer Markup sucks (not a jab at you Nick), but as long as people pay it, or until manufacturers starting shutting down the stores that do it, it'll continue to happen. Rest assured though, these are the 1% of car deals.

blk02edge

Established Member
I remember an srt8 challenger selling for 100k back when they first got re-introduced. Since then 350Rs and Demons have both sold for 150+. Zero % suprised

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
...lol

1.) I have no idea who Phelipe Lindstrom is.
2.) My first one is sold to @Tob at MSRP.
3.) My second one is sold to a local guy from Overland Park for MSRP.
4.) I have a waiting list of 3-4 other guys, that I'm waiting to confirm allocation, but they will be sold at MSRP as well.

Phelipe Lindstrom is more than welcome to stick his name on the list at MSRP, but just judging by his lack of intelligence, I'm not sure he could afford it even at that price. (WHICH HASN'T EVEN BEEN ANNOUNCED YET)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
...lol

1.) I have no idea who Phelipe Lindstrom is.
2.) My first one is sold to @Tob at MSRP.
3.) My second one is sold to a local guy from Overland Park for MSRP.
4.) I have a waiting list of 3-4 other guys, that I'm waiting to confirm allocation, but they will be sold at MSRP as well.

we can all dream right? I was pretty sure you had all yours gone @ msrp but maybe somebody with Treynor money had called and said gimme one for 120k lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
we can all dream right? I was pretty sure you had all yours gone @ msrp but maybe somebody with Treynor money had called and said gimme one for 120k lol

Nope. I wouldn't do that to someone, because it would mean kicking one of the guys I already made a deal with down the line..which I would never dream of.

I requested to join that group. I'm prepared for fireworks to ensue.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nope. I wouldn't do that to someone, because it would mean kicking one of the guys I already made a deal with down the line..which I would never dream of.

I requested to join that group. I'm prepared for fireworks to ensue.

There are, sadly, many dealers who would do that without blinking.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are, sadly, many dealers who would do that without blinking.

Unfortunately I don't think it's just dealers...it's in every industry.

I did have a case two years ago that went like this:

Had a customer order a 2016 GT350, at MSRP. It was one of the first ones on the ground in the Midwest. Two days before taking delivery I had a dealer from Colorado (Phil Long Ford) call and offer $15k over MSRP for it. I told them no.

The next day my customer called in and was setting up his time to come pick it up. I jokingly told him a dealer had tried to buy it the day before for $15k over MSRP. He told me immediately that if I'd split the $15k with him, he'd let me sell it and he'd reorder.... so we did.

GodStang

Established Member

We got a local guy that has an insane collection and he has a few times wanted to be the first in the SE with a car and will drop a huge sum of money just to be moved to the top of the list that does not even count the price of the car.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Unfortunately I don't think it's just dealers...it's in every industry.

I did have a case two years ago that went like this:

Had a customer order a 2016 GT350, at MSRP. It was one of the first ones on the ground in the Midwest. Two days before taking delivery I had a dealer from Colorado (Phil Long Ford) call and offer $15k over MSRP for it. I told them no.

The next day my customer called in and was setting up his time to come pick it up. I jokingly told him a dealer had tried to buy it the day before for $15k over MSRP. He told me immediately that if I'd split the $15k with him, he'd let me sell it and he'd reorder.... so we did.

Before GM clamped down, my boss had a list of GM card holders who played ball. Closed many a deal using those aces. The top sales guys would just cry if he wouldn't give one up for one of their deals :)

Users who are viewing this thread