Adjusting camber

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I know there are several methods to check camber on a car. And I hate having anyone wrench on my cars. I would like to install FRPP lowering springs. I thought I would measure camber beforehand and adjust it after the spring install.

Can we adjust camber on our cars without installing special parts (camber plates)? What is the adjustment procedure? My initial measurement puts my camber at .75-1 degree negative.

Or do camber plates make the job much easier. Which ones are best?

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Camber Plates Obviously make it easier for an alignment, i suggest the J&M Plates, quality piece and cheaper than MM Plates...

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Eibach Camber bolts work. I twist them out in the top hole to full out and have no inner tire wear. Never been to a alignment shop either. I have done this on 3 cars with no issue and perfect tire wear.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Cool. I swapped outer TREs on my 98 Explorer and aligned it with fishing line, a precision ruler and an angler finder. Tracked perfect and no tire wear. But, was not sure about the camber adjustment on these cars. Will look into both options and do it myself then!

With the Eibach camber bolts, do they replace the top bolt that attaches the strut to the knuckle? Only need a total of two? Then you adjust by turning them?

Do our cars have any camber adjustability stock? If so, where?

Last edited:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
yea you just turn the bolts, they have a cam lobe built into the bolt that will push the shock in or out depending on the adjustment you need, you just need one for each side.

no adjustment stock

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Thanks for the response. Springs arrived from Tousley in 1 day. Might have the bolts today. Looks pretty straight forward.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
So, end result was that I started with .75 neg camber. After the FRPP spring install I was at -2 degree camber. I used Eibach camber bolts and with a digital level as a reference onj my rotor face I took out -1.25 camber and viola' after putting it down and checking both sides I have .75 neg camber! Pefecto! We don't need no stinkin' lasers!:beer:

6-Speed

Established Member
So, end result was that I started with .75 neg camber. After the FRPP spring install I was at -2 degree camber. I used Eibach camber bolts and with a digital level as a reference onj my rotor face I took out -1.25 camber and viola' after putting it down and checking both sides I have .75 neg camber! Pefecto! We don't need no stinkin' lasers!:beer:
Camber is not the only angle affected by lowering; toe is also affected.

Users who are viewing this thread