Adjustable Shocks And Struts

0310thstock

Established Member
I am due for new shocks and struts. I was looking at an adjustable shock and strut package. I daily drive the car but I am starting to go to the track alot more. I have H&R race springs.
My questions are...... Are they ok to drive on street? How much better, if any, are they than stock? Would they help out at the track?
Thanks in advance.

purdueranger

Established Member
I am a fan of both the QA1 and Strange adjustable shocks. I ran Strange Engineering shocks on my old Camaro. On the Cobra I have QA1s out back and Tokico adjustable shocks upfront.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I got QA1's 12 way adjustables on the rear and strange 6 way adjustables on the front with H&R sport springs and love the combo.

it'llgo

Established Member
I have Tokico adj front drag struts. They are a great way to have your cake and eat it too! Set on full loose the front end rises quite a bit. Almost like a 90/10. Then on full tight it almost corners as good as the factory struts. Then you have three more settings in between for fine tuning at the track.

key

Established Member
I just had Tokico D-Specs and H&R Race springs installed yesterday. These aren't really "drag racing" shocks but with them set to 2 turns from full hard the car both handled better and rode almost like the stock springs/shocks.

The shocks are really adjustable so I would think they would work for a drag racing application.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
QA1's on rear, Strange Engineering on front. Worked very well for me. I run them loose at the drag strip, tight on the twisties, and medium on the street.

purdueranger

Established Member
I always run my Tokicos at 2 upfront and the QA1s are at 6 on the rear. My QA1s are Coilovers so it can get real rough if you tighten them up too much.

Users who are viewing this thread