Adjustable Panhard bar needed?

Dawgman

Established Member
I added Ford Racing springs, lowering the rear by about 3/4" and the front about 1/2". I don't drive the car much, as evidenced by it only having 700 miles on it, and don't drive it hard. Do I need to add an adjustable panhard bar?

deletednow2017

Established Member
The panhard locates the rear axle housing, laterally. With such a minimal drop, the correction will not be as drastic as lets say, double that drop. The stock panhard bushings are extremely soft, so a poly BMR/UPR adjustable replacement would be best. I would highly recommend it since it is such a cheap upgrade.

Let me know if you're interested in a BMR/UPR adjustable panhard. I can hook you up with one.

Logan

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Check to see if the rear tire sticks out farther on one side or the other. Some do, some don't. Lowering the car will make it show more. Mine was off center after Ford springs were installed, then had to adjust the panhard bar to center it back up.

Snoopy49

Established Member
My cars suspension is stock, but my rear end was sticking out further on the drivers side, so I bought the BMR adjustable pan hard bar and brace. Now the rear end is centered. Did it make any difference, I don't know, but I feel better knowing that at least one part of the suspension is squared away.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I would get one. You will probably notice the rear tires have a different distance to the fender.

I dropped mine a little more than ford racing springs and there was literally an inch offset. Just installed adj panhard bar yesterday and trued it back to center.

Dawgman

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't noticed whether one tire sticks out further than the other, but will check.

Dawgman

Established Member
I just checked the car and I don't think the distance the two tires sticking out could be any any more equql. Placing a straightedge across the tire pointing upwards inside the fender would leave about 1/4" gap between the straightedge and the inside of the fender on both sides. I think I'll leave it alone.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yours is better than mine. I am running L springs and did a panhard bar. Mine was off probably 3/4". If you don't need it, good for you!

Tom

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I just checked the car and I don't think the distance the two tires sticking out could be any any more equql. Placing a straightedge across the tire pointing upwards inside the fender would leave about 1/4" gap between the straightedge and the inside of the fender on both sides. I think I'll leave it alone.
You're one of the lucky ones!
When I did my suspension in fall '12, Van set me up with FRPP springs & full BMR goodies. He told me then, Ford assy line has a spec for center tolerance. If it's within XX, it rolls down the line. Mine was way out, only noticed by me after lowering the car.
^^^ Snoopy used the words "squared away" in his post...
Well that's something else to be aware of. My rear was shifted left. Counterclockwise if viewing the car from above. Then , I had non-adj LCA's.
The fix was, go to adjustable LCA's & square the rear under the car.
After this, all is good. Rear is centered under the car & square under the car.
Pointed straight & goes like a missle @ WOT from 0-whenever your balls get weak without any steering input. It's 100% predictable every time.
Tire choice helps that too though..

blue 07

Established Member
Bought and installed a set of Steeda Sport Springs and Steeda told me that the use of a panhard bar was not needed. Sits right, straight, no issues, he was right.

Users who are viewing this thread