Adjustable clutch quadrant installed

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Off subject, my bad

Originally posted by 03'Darin
BTW does the new quadrant remove any of the stiffness from the clutch?:shrug:

Actually it does the complete opposite. It makes the clutch feel harder, but the articulation is much faster. You think this clutch is hard you should have driven my 95 Cobra it had a hard clutch. My wife couldn't even disengage it which is a good way to keep them from driving it. :lol:

03'Darin

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Off subject, my bad

Originally posted by toofast4u
Actually it does the complete opposite. It makes the clutch feel harder, but the articulation is much faster. You think this clutch is hard you should have driven my 95 Cobra it had a hard clutch. My wife couldn't even disengage it which is a good way to keep them from driving it. :lol:

Unless you had a different clutch than stock in your 95' it should not have been anywhere near the stiffness of the 03'.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining about the stiffnes of the 03' clutch...but if I can make it easier with a mod like that it is a done deal. It is much harder to shift this car fast compared to a T-5 or T-45 because of the clutch stiffness.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Off subject, my bad

Originally posted by 03'Darin
Unless you had a different clutch than stock in your 95' it should not have been anywhere near the stiffness of the 03'.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining about the stiffnes of the 03' clutch...but if I can make it easier with a mod like that it is a done deal. It is much harder to shift this car fast compared to a T-5 or T-45 because of the clutch stiffness.

It was a 95 Cobra with a King Cobra clutch and pressure plate in it and it was stiff before the quadrant. The quadrant made it stiffer, but it did articulate faster with it. It didn't bother me, but as I said before my wife couldn't drive it. It was much stiffer then my 03 is now.

Users who are viewing this thread