Adding Torco/Lucas Octane Boost Questions

5.0jake

Established Member
Seems really simple just pour it in right?
The directions say to pour it in and one bottle treats 25 gallons but nothing specific...

To the people that have experience using Torco or Lucas:

Does it matter when you pour it in? Pump first then pour it in or pour octane boost first then pump gas?

How long does it take to work once added to the tank approximately?

Will it hurt anything if I pour too much in, like the whole bottle added to a 1/4 tank of pump gas?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
A lot of people swear by Torco that it works.

You would always want to put any additive in right before a fill up so that the incoming fuel mixes it in.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I can't answer your questions, but I can offer advice. LEARN FROM MY RETARDED-NESS... Make sure you USE YOUR FUNNEL when dumping in anything. Last summer I made a tool of myself at the track. It pours directly onto the ground without the funnel.

5.0jake

Established Member
A lot of people swear by Torco that it works.

You would always want to put any additive in right before a fill up so that the incoming fuel mixes it in.

That makes logical sense about pouring it in first. I also heard that Lucas is just as good as Torco since it uses the same active ingredient (MMT).
I was thinking that since one bottle says it is enough to treat 25 gallons that it is enough for 2 full tanks of gas theoretically, or should I use the whole bottle per full tank?

BV600

Established Member
I use Torco for track days and have a tune for my torco/93 mix. 32oz with 5 gallons 107. Ive ran the Lucas before but it will only get you to 96oct.
Also a tune can be set up to where it will add timing if it likes the oct mixture using the knock sensors

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I use Lucas all the time when I'm empty i fill it up with gas half way then add my 1 bottle of Lucas then fill the rest of the tank with gas. 1 bottle of Lucas is more then enough, adding more is just wasting your money. The effect is immediate. I use it all the time because it works and its prevention from getting a bad load of gas.

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I swear by TORCO and I usually try to put it in then fill up car afterwards it works awesome for me as I run it in my ZR1 now. I don't trust this pump gas anymore since I damaged my original motor in my ZR1 due to detonation using shit gas in FT Lauderdale Florida. I had ran out of TORCO and filled up with 93 and like a dumb ass raced some motorcycles beat them and blew out some plugs and damaged the number 7 and 8 piston.

Lesson learned the hard way

F.D.Sako

Established Member
where are you guys buying the Torco from?
I know I could get the lucas from advance auto, but if there's a more affordable place, let us know!

I wouldn't mind adding some of this stuff during hot track days for extra assurance.

BV600

Established Member
where are you guys buying the Torco from?
I know I could get the lucas from advance auto, but if there's a more affordable place, let us know!

I wouldn't mind adding some of this stuff during hot track days for extra assurance.

Cheapest was ebay and amazon $118 shipped for 6 pack of 32oz

grnenvy

Established Member
I have been running Torco since the 90s in 4 diff cars all running 9s or 10s without burning pistons or blowing head gaskets. Torco is the real deal and should always be used in boosted cars. Unfortunately there's no real cheap way to do it if u want to go fast and not have repair costs.
E85 is the cheapest but for me its not convenient.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I have been running Torco since the 90s in 4 diff cars all running 9s or 10s without burning pistons or blowing head gaskets. Torco is the real deal and should always be used in boosted cars. Unfortunately there's no real cheap way to do it if u want to go fast and not have repair costs.
E85 is the cheapest but for me its not convenient.

I agree:coolman:

5.0jake

Established Member
Yeah no E85 in my area.
I've read that the MMT can turn your plugs a little brown over time but nobody says anything about it actually damaging anything.
A couple of respected tuners (not Bama) have advised me that running Lucas or Torco with every tank is fine.
If my car runs and datalogs better, I'm going to be a regular user for sure. The gas in my area isn't very good.

Last edited:

hopony

Established Member
I use the lucas when I go to the track just for piece of mind in the FL heat. Also noticed the car picked up a mph on the big end since I have been using it.

scotmach

Established Member
I use Torco for track days and have a tune for my torco/93 mix. 32oz with 5 gallons 107.

107 Octane with that mixture is a stretch. I did a lot of testing with Torco years ago and with 32 oz. mixed with 5 gallons of 93 the best I got was 99-100 octane. Don't believe Torco's ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread