Adding Subs To The Stock 2012 Shaker System>>>

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
I picked up my new 2012 on Monday as shown below. The only thing I am not pleased with is the base stereo - it does not have the bass that my 2007 had that I traded. How do I add an amp and a couple of subs to this car? Is it possible to tap into a line at the rear of the car and add some kick to the stock system?

Thanks folks.
~Darren
dsc07845e.jpg

jbur074

Established Member
been wondering the same thing, i dont even have a shaker system just the base system and the bass is terrible. would like to know if i can add a sub without changing head unit etc

AmnDucky

Established Member
Yes you can add subs to the car and keep the stock head unit. Find a local car audio place, they can do whatever you want. Just don't go to Best Buy.

stang1971

Established Member
i did this to mine... i tapped off the rear speakers and was never really happy cuz as the volume went up the bass went down so i was in search of a better solution. i noticed that even at high volume the door subs still pounded... so i figured i can go to that and get my signal for my line out converter. under the driver side dash above the kickpanel is where the amps for the door subs are. so i tapped into the output of the amps and omg is my bass ALOT better then before. i can get pics and or wire colors if need be.

AmnDucky

Established Member
How did this wire in? I am looking at that option as well however I could not tell how it wired in?

Also considered these as well:
Kicker Audio 8 Inch Woofers

~Darren

That's what I want. I prefer a crisp sound, and a pair of 12" subs in the trunk just creates this constant low rumble with ear splitting treble trying to fight it's way over the subs.

jbur074

Established Member
That's what I want. I prefer a crisp sound, and a pair of 12" subs in the trunk just creates this constant low rumble with ear splitting treble trying to fight it's way over the subs.

agreed. im getting 1 10. i dont want anything crazy just a better base line. and ill probably replace the speakers as well.

AmnDucky

Established Member
agreed. im getting 1 10. i dont want anything crazy just a better base line. and ill probably replace the speakers as well.

I am going to see if I can get by without any extra subs. I hope that better subs and high quality speakers will allow me to turn the volume up as loud as I want without distortion. Plus, a sub box in the trunk won't help me on Laguna Seca haha.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i replaced my system all around and it sounds great.

stock radio
5x7 Focals in the back
6x8 JL components in the front ran through the factory amp, tweeters in the vent near the door...sounds amazing.
1 - 12" Fi Q12 sub in back, wired through a Line out Converter(LOC) that's wired through the back speakers. then RCAs from the LOC to the amp, amp to sub.

id like to have two subs but as said before...the box takes up a lot of room, even with one sub in it. and the box fits into the the truck perfect so i dont have to fight with it to get it out, just slide it back and lift it straight out.

im not sure about how the shaker system is wired because i dont have it. the guy that hooked my sub up said that if i had the shaker system, he would want to hook up the LOC directly to my headunit and run it to my sub from there. since i dont have the shaker, he wired the LOC directly off of my back speakers to my amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread