adding shaker sub and/or HD radio to tech option gt350

Established Member
I was surprised to find out my tech package car did not have a shaker sub in the trunk... I guess to save weight, but I assumed it was part of the sound system labeled "shaker"; unfortunately nothing shakes.

Also, I was surprised my sync 3 system does not include the HD radio. My old 14 GT500 had the shaker system including both a sub and HD radio.

I assumed these would be there, the sub I can kinda understand, save a few pounds, but why ford would eliminate HD which is a simple SW item, well that pisses me off.

I hope someone has some ideas, thanks in advance

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
You have to upgrade the ACM for hd radio.. And it would need the APIM (sync module) to have the as built changed to reflect hd radio.. It can be done..

The sub is part of the other shaker system.. There are different ones.. You can add the sub if you want.. But requires wiring.. And programming the ACM

Last edited:

03Predator

Established Member
I just ordered subs, speakers and a box for mine. I have the base stereo. At this point, I don't know what's worse, a half-assed Shaker system or the base junk. Either way it's going to cost money to make both sound good.

bpmurr

Established Member
Not having HD radio as standard these days is pretty sad.

impactblue

Established Member
I've had it. I can have great reception in the city and it cuts in and out between normal and hd isn't as clear

Users who are viewing this thread