Adding SC to 2005 F-150

simple treason

Established Member
I'm considering the addition of a Whipple SC to my 2005 F150 Xtra Cab 5.4L.

Any advice? What kind of numbers should I expect?

JWC

Established Member
Let us know if you do it. I am also thinking about one for my 08 F150. Can't decide between the Roush and the Whipple.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Let us know if you do it. I am also thinking about one for my 08 F150. Can't decide between the Roush and the Whipple.

Roush for the warranty.
Whipple for the power.

That's my philosophy, anyway.:thumbsup:

JWC

Established Member
I don't really care about warranties heck they don't stand behind them anyway. How much more safe Hp/hq will a Whipple put out over the Roush? I was told by Troyers I should see 370-380 RWHP with the Roush Kit.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I don't really care about warranties heck they don't stand behind them anyway. How much more safe Hp/hq will a Whipple put out over the Roush? I was told by Troyers I should see 370-380 RWHP with the Roush Kit.

360-370 RWHP from a Roush kit is about right with the intercooled configuration by itself. Adding headers and a free-flowing exhaust bumps this considerably.

I've seen guys "safely" put out 430 RWHP and 455 RWTQ with the Whipple and they're only running 10 psi on the configuration. At the standard 8 psi with Whipple "out of the box" config, you're looking at about 400 RWHP and 450 RWTQ.

It's simply spectacular. :thumbsup:

JWC

Established Member
Thanks for the info 05 Roush I may have to give Evolution a call and get a installed price including tuning. I am leaning twords Troyer and Roush for now because I have been to their shop as they are 3 hrs. from my home. They installed an AF1, X3, and dyno tuned my truck for it and I am very happy with the results; +44 RWHP. OP what are you going to do?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
No problem!

You'll love the Roush setup. I have it and have been super happy. As soon as the warranty is done, I'm getting geared up for a forged internal swap.

That's if I don't spend my money on a whirlpool tub first. :lol1:

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
360-370 RWHP from a Roush kit is about right with the intercooled configuration by itself. Adding headers and a free-flowing exhaust bumps this considerably.

I've seen guys "safely" put out 430 RWHP and 455 RWTQ with the Whipple and they're only running 10 psi on the configuration. At the standard 8 psi with Whipple "out of the box" config, you're looking at about 400 RWHP and 450 RWTQ.

It's simply spectacular. :thumbsup:
Your right about the Roush kit. It's what I've got on my truck and with a catback exhaust and supporting mods I'm making some pretty good power (See numbers below post) It's a lot of fun. You won't be dissapointed!

JWC

Established Member
Who did your tuning G:342? Also how much boost are you running and what supporting mods? Thanks, John

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Who did your tuning G:342? Also how much boost are you running and what supporting mods? Thanks, John
Catback exhaust, Cold Air Intake that comes with the kit. Running at 8lbs of boost on very conservative tuning, Was tuned by a local shop but that shop has been closed for a few months due to the death of the owner (AKA who tuned by truck). I'm absolutely sure I could get 400 out of it if I get it re-tuned and bump the injectors but Its done for Daily Driving right now so. I couldn't be more happy with it. It's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback I am still not sure which kit I will be going with....yet.
Looking back at it I'd go with the Whipple system. But yeah no problem man, anything I can do to help just let me know!

69deluxe

07 GT500
Established Member
Maybe this is a dumb question, but can you still use 4X4 mode safely if you SC? Can the transfer case handle the extra HP/TQ?

mcdover

Established Member
I'm considering the addition of a Whipple SC to my 2005 F150 Xtra Cab 5.4L.

Any advice? What kind of numbers should I expect?

I put down 425/496 @ 10lbs with lt headers, 3" true dual exhaust and efans.

06 F150 4x4 Supercrew Lariat

Users who are viewing this thread