?? Adding Ipod Cable to Stock 6 Disc Stereo (also have a video) ??

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
I want to keep my stock Mach 460 6 disc changer and just add the ipod cable. I've already searched and all the threads are old and part numbers no longer come up when searching to order. The car is an 03 Cobra BTW. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be awesome as i will be making a 350 mile drive soon and would like to have my Ipod working without the cheap cigerette lighter aux hookup thats fuzzy as hell. Thanks SVTP

J.R.

[youtube_browser]Bu5CSBEFRl8[/youtube_browser]

Fast69Mach

Established Member
Best Buy sells something called an ISimple setup that plugs into the antenna cable. It works like a transmitter, but instead of transmitting a signal to your radio it's a direct connection and cuts out the radio completely when switched on. Simple hook up, and I got one on eBay for $30 or so.

4vmoose

Established Member
I'm looking for something similar, but don't want the crappy quality of a transmitter.

Well, strip my gears and call me shiftless.

dablaze313

Established Member
Best Buy sells something called an ISimple setup that plugs into the antenna cable. It works like a transmitter, but instead of transmitting a signal to your radio it's a direct connection and cuts out the radio completely when switched on. Simple hook up, and I got one on eBay for $30 or so.

I just installed this in my car after going through all the threads and realizing that all the direct plug and play kits are near impossible to find anymore.
Amazon.com: iSimple IS77 Universal iPod and iPhone Audio Input Cable for FM Radios: Car Electronics

Like he said it plugs straight into the back of your radio and when turned on only allows your radio to pick up your Ipod (no interference) so the sound quality is pretty impressive for an FM-based unit. It may not be the same sound quality as CD's, but for the price I am impressed with how good it sounds.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I just installed this in my car after going through all the threads and realizing that all the direct plug and play kits are near impossible to find anymore.
Amazon.com: iSimple IS77 Universal iPod and iPhone Audio Input Cable for FM Radios: Car Electronics

Like he said it plugs straight into the back of your radio and when turned on only allows your radio to pick up your Ipod (no interference) so the sound quality is pretty impressive for an FM-based unit. It may not be the same sound quality as CD's, but for the price I am impressed with how good it sounds.

This is exactly what I'm looking for myself! Did you need to buy antenna adapter pieces to fit the factory antenna?

KDog

Established Member
When I had my '03 I used the interface from logjamelectronics.com, but blitzsafe may also have the one you need.

If you can't find it, email Blitzsafe and they'll get back with you.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member

I used the same. I have ipods as well as Androids so i deff wanted an Aux plug in so i could use pretty much anything. Only benefit of the ipod connection would be if it charged it, but i usually use my car charger and the aux plug in simultaneously so it doesn't even matter. Plus some of the newest ipods dont even have the old ipod hookup (newest nano), so i didnt want to have to worry about that anytime soon.

dablaze313

Established Member
This is exactly what I'm looking for myself! Did you need to buy antenna adapter pieces to fit the factory antenna?

This. I must know! Lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

No you do not need to buy an antenna adapter. The only thing I had to purchase was two of the electrical T-connectors from Radio Shack to power the unit from the factory harness (switched 12v and ground).

On Amazon some people mentioned being able to buy RCA Splitters and have the ability to connect both the Ipod specific cable as well as the standard aux cable so you could use either. However, the new units seem to have gone to a digital input instead of the RCA analogs so you can only connect one cable at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread