Adding heated seats

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I am looking to ADD heated seats into my 2012 GT, what/if would be needed? I assume the wiring, heat pads, dash? What else? Anyone selling this stuff?

acrbill

Established Member
ohhh. At a minimum you will need the OEM switches which shouldn't be too hard to find. I would suggest going with aftermarket everything else because I have heated seats and it takes a good long while for them to heat up.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I'd sell my front leather w/ white stripe heated seats complete and matching rears if you were interested. Dual power fronts great shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Just use the aftermarket ones.. The switches are quite nice and blend in very well, and work better than OEM, for a fraction of the price...

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Just use the aftermarket ones.. The switches are quite nice and blend in very well, and work better than OEM, for a fraction of the price...
Do you have a link of something you would recommend? Also, think I could splice them into the factor switch somehow?

faztcobra

Established Member
can i ask why you want heated seats in a mustang?
For the same reason you'd want them in any car. Warm your buns on a nice cool morning. I don't have them in my mustang, but I loved them in my last car - even on mild or warm days. After a mountain bike ride, it was nice to have the heat against the hamstrings. I'm interested in this thread because if I could find an OEM-like setup, I'd probably jump on it.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
This isn't the kit I used to install (at least 50 pair) but, I like this design more, because you can reinstall the hogrings in the middle of the elements, which is a pretty big deal.

The nice little round switches can be installed using a step drill bit, and go very nicely into the plastic covers on sides of the seat bottoms..

LOOKS FACTORY.. works better than factory.. they get hotter.. and they don't shut off unless you shut them off... and waaaaay cheaper..

All you would need is a box of hog rings, hog ring pliers, dikes, and a little patience..

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-04...8&qid=1365219380&sr=8-1&keywords=seat+heaters

Last edited:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
This isn't the kit I used to install (at least 50 pair) but, I like this design more, because you can reinstall the hogrings in the middle of the elements, which is a pretty big deal.

The nice little round switches can be installed using a step drill bit, and go very nicely into the plastic covers on sides of the seat bottoms..

LOOKS FACTORY.. works better than factory.. they get hotter.. and they don't shut off unless you shut them off... and waaaaay cheaper..

All you would need is a box of hog rings, hog ring pliers, dikes, and a little patience..

Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive
Very nice, I may use the pads and see if I can splice into the factory seat buttons. I am looking at adding a double din dash and his has seat heater switches built in. I bet splicing them into that switch would be cake.

Thanks for the help.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
can i ask why you want heated seats in a mustang?
I'm not being a dick but tell me why I shouldn't? It's nice to have them on chilly nights, infact tonight it was 51 out and I had the windows down, hoodie up and heat on low but heated seats would of been the cheery on top.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I'm not being a dick but tell me why I shouldn't? It's nice to have them on chilly nights, infact tonight it was 51 out and I had the windows down, hoodie up and heat on low but heated seats would of been the cheery on top.

Meh.. No worries.. I LOVE my heated seats in my LS and Sebring.

The Suede 03 Seats in my Cobra just make me sweat no matter what lol

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
heated seats are titties, but there's something better. my buddy's raptor has air conditioned seats.

JerryC

Established Member

Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

I put these in my 96 Bronco. It didnt have hog rings anywhere the heating pads installed. It used velcro instead. I couldnt get the factory seatcover to tuck back like it should. Not a problem for me as I had slip over covers on the seats. No idea how the Mustang will be.

The heating elements are very good. Through two layers of cloth on the seat and jeans and jacket I can feel the heater in about 2 minutes on a 30 degree day. In 10 minutes, I'm turning them to low. They will cook you on high :)

The switches are small and can be hidden easily, have a light to tell you they on and have a good detent so you know when you move the switch. I have my switches hidden and use them by feel.

The seat warms up in 2 minutes and it takes at least 10 minutes of driving before the heater can heat the truck to a reasonable temperature. By the time I scrape the windshield the seat is warm.

Overall, this is one of those mods I kick myself for not doing years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread