Adding GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor to 2001 Cobra

silver_cobra_01

Established Member
Hi there. As the title states, I've added a GM 3 Bar MAP sensor to my 2001 Cobra. Unfortunately, I've had some issues, with what I believe are faulty MAP sensors. Here's the rundown. 2001 Cobra Vortech V1 T Trim with supporting mods running E85. I deleted the EGR and DPFE (I think that's the correct part). Well, turns out the DPFE has a 5V input, a ground, and an output, so I decided to reuse this wiring, in hopes that I could datalog via livelink, and create a user defined boost PID. In case that did not work, I also tied an extra wire into the factory DPFE output wire, and attached that to analog two of my firewire cable for my X4, since analog one is already my wideband reading. First MAP sensor seemed to work well, except that it would increase output voltage as the under hood temperature would increase. Second seemed to do the same, however, I had to modify the voltage to pressure conversion formula quite a bit. These were both cheapy ebay sensors, less than $13 a piece. Assuming these were crap sensors, I decided to buy a FAST 307009 3 Bar MAP for just under $100. Well with this sensor, I am seeing around 2.2 volts at 0 psi, with key on engine off, and 2.12 volts at about 20 inches of vacuum, when the car is idling. This would be a negative linear relationship, which does not make any sense. Has anyone else had big issues with GM style MAP sensors? The wiring should be easy enough, but I am struggling.

I guess I am trying to see if anyone else has successfully added a GM style 3 Bar MAF sensor to a 96-04 Cobra, and if they have, can they please tell me an exact company and part number they have had success with. Along with any input on wiring, whether it be what they have done, or any input on what I have done.

Thanks guys.

decipha

Established Member
do you have the egr disabled in your tune? if not ti needs to be

the dpfe output is useless that wire is doing nothing with the egr disabled as it should be

if u still have the egr the electricals need to be unplugged

make sure you have the 5v reference power feeding your sensor or whichever voltage input they require and a good ground

silver_cobra_01

Established Member
do you have the egr disabled in your tune? if not ti needs to be

the dpfe output is useless that wire is doing nothing with the egr disabled as it should be

if u still have the egr the electricals need to be unplugged

make sure you have the 5v reference power feeding your sensor or whichever voltage input they require and a good ground

Thank you for the input.

1. Yes.

2. I figured DPFE was fairly useless, which is why I tied in an extra wire to the X4 as analog 8.

3.EGR is deleted. DPFE wiring has been repurposed.

4. Yes, using the factory DPFE 5v input and ground, double checked and have a steady 5.05v.

silver_cobra_01

Established Member
If anyone else can send me info, specifically an exact manufacturer and part number they have been successful with, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread