Adding coolent/antifreeze to Whipple Supercharger air in system Help???

Joe 69

Established Member
Hey all.

Ok the dumb question but, getting frustrated. I just installed a Whipple 2.9 Super Charger on my 2013 Mustang. I also installed a Ford Performance GT Radiator.

Question…In addition to filling (adding coolant) the degas bottle…Do you fill the Intercooler filler neck which is attached to the air box?

I guess what I’m asking is…the supercharger coolant independent of the engine coolant. Two separate circuits. I have added coolant in the degas bottle and its getting down in the radiator but not in the intercooler or, intercooler pump reservoir.

I have a feeling that you cannot fill one and expect the other to also fill. You must fill both. The Whipple instructions say nothing about adding coolant into the intercooler filler neck.

I have been trying to add coolant to my system (day two) but I’m having issues with air. I just ordered a cooling system vacuum purge and refill kit. Hopefully, the kit along with my Lisle funnel and air compressor I can get the damn thing filled.

Thoughts on how to get this thing filled.

Thanks, Joe

Joe 69

Established Member
Thanks DSG. Just filled the intercooler circuit. Waiting for the vacuum purge and refill kit to get the air out of the engine etc, before refilling that system.

KG145.0

Established Member
What I did was park at an incline facing up.. fill as much as possible.. run the engine un till it takes it and keep filling as it purges.. parking on incline let's air travel up and purge out... just another option

Users who are viewing this thread