Adding CF5V black graphite custom Forgestar wheels thread

Rios302

Established Member
Yup the black graphite color looks amazing to me from pics I have seen of other cars. I think you made a great choice.

My F14's are 19x9.5 deep concave front and 18x11 deep concave on the rears. I am going with a drag radial tire with a larger sidewall on the rear. Probably a 305/45-18 NT05R. This is more of a function over form setup but I am betting it will still look killer on the streets. My car is not my daily driver anyway. We shall see!
Same here although not as drastic performance wise as your setup I decided to stay with 19s even though I prefer how 20s look. Either way cf5vs are not offered on 20s so that made it all that much easier for me. I am sure the your car is going to look great and a 45 tire will just make it look all that much more aggressive and muscular.

Rios302

Established Member
So... 12 hours later still no pics of wheels installed? :poke:

I am sorry I been busy at work but the car came out great, it totally changed the stance and look of the car. I ll upload some pictures right now.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 1,163

Rios302

Established Member
The before and after doesn't really show how much better the car looks now, I've been driving it for a while and it definitely attracts more looks than before. I was hoping for a bit more drop on the rear but I am not complaining, it still looks fantastic. The front is perfect though, it sits just right. Also as soon as I drove the car off for the first time, the ride felt pretty hard and stiff but not unpleasant. I went home to check my tires and the tire pressure was set at 40 psi on all tires. I quickly dropped the front tires psi to 35 as recommended. The rear tires are now set at 37 psi. I was wondering what psi do you guys use for daily driving for those with staggered set ups. The car states 35 psi but I am not too sure since the rears are now 305-30-19 so I bump the psi by two.

Anyways with the air at such psi the car now rides so much better and I dare to say even better than before. The ride is not as harsh and firm as before but is not bouncy in any way. There is no more nose dive, the car also stops faster I am thinking do to the lighter wheels. When it comes to turning the car is more responsive do to the staggered fitment, it now turns quicker and faster yet it feels safe and way more fun to tossed around a curved road. It almost feels like the car is lighter overall. When it comes to traction the car feels more planted and there is definitely more grip from the wider tires. It still doesn't take much to brake the tires loose specially when I am running the Race tune instead of the street setting. I am thinking the car can now launch harder but I won't know until I take it back to the track for a proper test. I am hoping to drop a tenth or two at the quarter.

Overall I am very happy. I a give my set up a 9/10. I would of love an extra half an inch on the rear but other than that I feel like my money was well spend. Now I just need to buy red painted mirror covers, a Boss 302 front fascia and plastip the 5.0 badges. As far as mods I am thinking a Cobra jet is in the near future.

IMG_3925.JPG

Matt in Houston

I like SVT & I cannot lie
Established Member
The black graphite color looks sick! One thing I would change if it was my car, would be going with at least 35 series tires on the rear. They will help fill in the wheel well gap and probably give you more traction.

Thanks for the pics.

Rios302

Established Member
The black graphite color looks sick! One thing I would change if it was my car, would be going with at least 35 series tires on the rear. They will help fill in the wheel well gap and probably give you more traction.

Thanks for the pics.
Thanks I am really happy with the way it came out. I too was thinking the same thing but that was after I saw the car all done. Those are little things you don't realize until you see the car in person. Either way I am not bother by it because the car still looks 10x times better as it sits now. In the future I will probably drop the rear an extra half an inch and get some 305-35-19s for sure. The wheels though, they look just the way I wanted them to, no complains there at all. I feel like I got the proper offset, look, and finish in my own personal taste and opinion.

liter of cola

Established Member
Love how the cf5v's are lookin on your car in the pics you posted... Damn its sooo hard to make up my mind on either these or the cf10's. Either way Im gonna go with the semi gloss black color, i have a 2014 gt ruby red w/ the brembos, im thinking about repainting my calipers gloss black w/ white lettering.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
Love how the cf5v's are lookin on your car in the pics you posted... Damn its sooo hard to make up my mind on either these or the cf10's. Either way Im gonna go with the semi gloss black color, i have a 2014 gt ruby red w/ the brembos, im thinking about repainting my calipers gloss black w/ white lettering.
You can't go wrong forgestar makes a great product. The rims feel pretty solid and sturdy yet very light compare to my stock ones even with the added concavity and wider width. The only finish that I have been told not to get in any wheel for that matter is flat black. This has more to do with the longevity of the finish than anything else. The finish starts to fade eventually. I had the same dilemma between the CF5V and the F14's

Rios302

Established Member
Looks awesome, I so love the Cf5V's on my car also.

20140914_080446_zps5535de2e.jpg
When I first was looking for the right wheels for my Mustang. I wanted the wheels to be lighter, similar to the brembos in design but also have some concavity to them. At the end It was between the Cf5v and the HRE 101s. Once I saw the cost of the 101s getting those was not going to happen. So I once I had my eyes on forgestar, the f14s started to look really good as well. Specially their Super Deep ones for the Rear. In the end I went with the CF5vs because they were not as common among Mustangs and they look really good as well. At first I wanted gloss black wheels but end up paying a bit extra for the black graphite finish. Funny story though. I was having a hard time finding the right offset. I even read some forums were people complained because they were told deep concave cf5vs were not going to fit the front if they had brembo brakes yet someone did in fact order them that way. Getting all 4 wheels with the concave look was a must and that's when I came upon your wheels. It was in this website where I first saw them. I then made a few phone calls and was finally able to get the wheels with the right offset. At the end it was all worth it.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Nice man, I am glad I could help. I did A LOT of research from people posting all kinds of wheel and tire combo's, and this website has been amazing.

I was going through the exact same things as you were. I really wanted a concave wheel because I am SO tired of all the flat boring wheels out there with no dimension. The CF5V's were an easy pick because they are light, built well, and still look awesome. I really wanted deep concave in the front also and I called up Howey Industries and I talked to the guy there and he said with the right offset they would work and I suggested a few things but they were the ones that nailed the proper offset.

I get a lot of complements on the car with these wheels on it and honestly they looks like they came factory on the car. The only thing that I wish was that Forgestar offered these in a 20in in the rear. I like that look a lot on the Shelby's.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
Nice man, I am glad I could help. I did A LOT of research from people posting all kinds of wheel and tire combo's, and this website has been amazing.

I was going through the exact same things as you were. I really wanted a concave wheel because I am SO tired of all the flat boring wheels out there with no dimension. The CF5V's were an easy pick because they are light, built well, and still look awesome. I really wanted deep concave in the front also and I called up Howey Industries and I talked to the guy there and he said with the right offset they would work and I suggested a few things but they were the ones that nailed the proper offset.

I get a lot of complements on the car with these wheels on it and honestly they looks like they came factory on the car. The only thing that I wish was that Forgestar offered these in a 20in in the rear. I like that look a lot on the Shelby's.
I know I even contacted Forgestar to see if they were going to make the cf5v in a 20 inch but they said no. I too would of love a 20 on the back. Well I am glad you got the offset sorted out, that was my concern too. The fitment is perfect and with the brembos up front, the wheels seem to hug the brakes, it also makes them stand out a bit more I think.

GS357

Established Member
When I first was looking for the right wheels for my Mustang. I wanted the wheels to be lighter, similar to the brembos in design but also have some concavity to them. At the end It was between the Cf5v and the HRE 101s. Once I saw the cost of the 101s getting those was not going to happen. So I once I had my eyes on forgestar, the f14s started to look really good as well. Specially their Super Deep ones for the Rear. In the end I went with the CF5vs because they were not as common among Mustangs and they look really good as well. At first I wanted gloss black wheels but end up paying a bit extra for the black graphite finish. Funny story though. I was having a hard time finding the right offset. I even read some forums were people complained because they were told deep concave cf5vs were not going to fit the front if they had brembo brakes yet someone did in fact order them that way. Getting all 4 wheels with the concave look was a must and that's when I came upon your wheels. It was in this website where I first saw them. I then made a few phone calls and was finally able to get the wheels with the right offset. At the end it was all worth it.

What are the right offsets for the front and rear to get the concave look?

Rios302

Established Member
FullSizeRender.jpg I am finally getting close to finishing the looks on the Mustang. I save some money and order myself the Boss 302 fascia and splitter. Among with two other friends, I got the job done in about an hour an a half. The easiest way to install the fascia is to go ahead and remove the whole bumper, its actually easier than it looks. It only takes about two extra bolts and the whole thing comes out. Just make sure to remove all the bolts from the bottom, there is one on each side that are a bit hard to find so look closely. Once you do that have a friend help you hold the bumper from one side and remove one side at a time by removing applying pressure. I also order race red painted mirror covers from American Muscle to finish the look I was going for. The mirror covers fit right in although the fit is not as good as the stock ones, they are pretty close. Anyways I am really happy by the way the car looks although I still need a few more things to finish it up.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
The front 19x9.5 have an offset of +30 and the rear 19x11 the offset is +53 although I would recommend a +55 for the rear so that the rear wheels can stick out a bit more. Quite honestly it will make no difference but I think that would be the perfect offset for this car with this 19 inch forgestars.

Users who are viewing this thread