Adding a little radiator

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
Has anyone ever heard of installing a something like a transmission cooler to the supercharger system?

My thought is that if cooler temps create more power, wouldn't the added fluid and access to cooler, free flowing, air be a slight benefit?

Im new to supercharged vehicles and im just trying to get a feel for what others are doing to create more power.

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
hey now! Im not familiar with supercharger systems! I didnt realize thats what the heat exchanger was for. This is my first supercharged vehicle and im just learning how it all works and what part does what. Thats exactly why i got on here, to learn and get advice/tips/knowledge from others with more experience and insight.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
IMO the Killer Chiller is probably the best cooling mod for street. You sacrifice a little comfort as far as cabin temp, but you dont need to be concerned much with heat costing you power.

Tractionless1

Established Member
IMO the Killer Chiller is probably the best cooling mod for street. You sacrifice a little comfort as far as cabin temp, but you dont need to be concerned much with heat costing you power.

Using ES-12a, a white GM orifice tube at the KC core, insulating everything, and the proper pressures and I haven't noticed a difference in cab temps. If you go with a parallel KC system you're even better off.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Doesn't the ECU pull a few degrees of timing when the A/C is on? I have thought about doing a KC but my car seems more slugish when the A/C is on, even at WOT

Users who are viewing this thread