Added headers to the 2013 TVS

c6vette

Established Member
I previously put down 633rwhp and 654rwtq. Not stellar, but that's with 20s and 3.73s at about 900ft. Along with the 2013 TVS, I had a VMP 67mm TB, 2.4 upper and off-road X with 4 straight-through mufflers to keep the noise reasonable.

I added JBA 1 3/4 headers and X, primarily because I got a deal on a used set. Great fit once they're on, but almost impossible to get to half the bolts. Not much louder at idle and cruise, but you can't hear the blower now under WOT. I may need to look into some other mufflers.

This isn't a direct comparison as Justin added some fuel below 4500 where it looked lean previously. That undoubtedly hurt the torque numbers. The new numbers are 654/656 baseline with two people sitting in the trunk to control wheelspin. Boost dropped 1-1.5psi as expected. The 658/664 was with another degree of timing and a light spray of alcohol. The alcohol bumped the boost back up to 18 and dropped the A/F to about 11.4. Again, this was with a small nozzle. Without the timing, you see a slight HP hit due to the rich A/F, but torque is about the same.

dyno092812.gif

Last edited:

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I previously put down 633rwhp and 654rwtq. Not stellar, but that's with 20s and 3.73s at about 900ft. Along with the 2013 TVS, I had a VMP 67mm, 2.4 TB, 2.4 upper and off-road X with 4 straight-through mufflers to keep the noise reasonable.

I added JBA 1 3/4 headers and X, primarily because I got a deal on a used set. Great fit once they're on, but almost impossible to get to half the bolts. Not much louder at idle and cruise, but you can't hear the blower now under WOT. I may need to look into some other mufflers.

This isn't a direct comparison as Justin added some fuel below 4500 where it looked lean previously. That undoubtedly hurt the torque numbers. The new numbers are 654/656 baseline with two people sitting in the trunk to control wheelspin. Boost dropped 1-1.5psi as expected. The 658/664 was with another degree of timing and a light spray of alcohol. The alcohol bumped the boost back up to 18 and dropped the A/F to about 11.4. Again, this was with a small nozzle. Without the timing, you see a slight HP hit due to the rich A/F, but torque is about the same.

dyno092812.gif

Great information, thanks! Your set up is very similiar to mine along with the power. I've been going back in forth on getting long tube headers or not. I would have thought your rwtq would have went up more vs. rwhp. On top of getting headers I want to get a Q-port inlet to help with the restriction and thinking the headers would help the outlet flow. So, if you don't have a Q-port inlet why don't you test that out...:beer: J/K thanks again...

c6vette

Established Member
Great information, thanks! Your set up is very similiar to mine along with the power. I've been going back in forth on getting long tube headers or not. I would have thought your rwtq would have went up more vs. rwhp. On top of getting headers I want to get a Q-port inlet to help with the restriction and thinking the headers would help the outlet flow. So, if you don't have a Q-port inlet why don't you test that out...:beer: J/K thanks again...

I have the 2013 inlet, which I believe is similar. The added fuel likely dropped the torque numbers. Fuel was added where torque peaks but not where HP peaks. Apples-to-apples you could probably expect the torque increase to equal the HP increase.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice numbers. That is about where I want to be at with my setup.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Can you post a video so we can hear the exhaust? That's a strong torque number already and I'm sure those numbers will go up in the cooler weather.

Users who are viewing this thread