Added 2010 to the stable, dyno number question?

94CobraPace

Established Member
I just got a 2010 Kona blue with silver stripes to go along with the wifes 2007 Vista blue with Tungston stripes.
My new 2010 has American racing long tubes, high flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, JLT stock replacemt CAI and 2.65 pulley. Car had a Lethal tune that would not pass Texas emmissions (I don't have the tuner yet). So my tuner who is a Lund dealer got a 91 tune for mods & emmisions (passed) then ran on dyno.
Car dynoed at 559 RWHP and 567 RWTQ. Does that seem about right?

My wifes 2007 has SLP axle back, FRP CAI and 2.6 pulley with a Bama tune and her car made 546 RWHP on a 93 tune. Seems her car made good power with less mods. Was told that long tubes don't add much to stock supercharger, but will help with larger super charger.
I'm needing a name change, but I still have the 94 Cobra Indy pace car, which is for sale if anyones intersted.
Dyno
2gvlcew.jpg

nfl56r.jpg

2hi0ye0.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Very nice pair of Shelby's , your number is on par for those mods in my opinion. but it is what it is...did your wife's car get dynoed at the same place? Anything is possible and dynos vary, but wife's car should be in the 520-530 zone and yours is in the zone in my opinion. But sweet cars and good luck.

Last edited:

94CobraPace

Established Member
Yes, cars were dynoed on same dyno, but different times.
Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. No worried about the numbers, just seeing if that is about right. My tuner sent Lund the data log and everything looks exactly where it should be. When my wifes car got dyno, another 2008 Shelby dynoed then also, same mods, different tunes and his got 525 rwhp. Could just be a engine build on a Monday?
Both cars are fun to drive. The 2010 is more comfortable and new tech, sync, nav HID.

tvspower

Established Member
Please do us all a favour and line up against her and let us know the results... lol Would be interesting...

94CobraPace

Established Member
Lining up next to her could happen in the near future. I have stickier tires, but she does not spin as much as I. You'll know only if I win..

SuperFly03

Established Member
Sounds about right against my initial set of mods for my 2010. I went a 10% lower vs your pulley but damn near same numbers. '10+ don't gain much from a cAI unless you start throwing more mods at it.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
It's about right Darrell....'07-'09 picked up more HP than the '10+ because they did not have factory CAI and the stock tune wasn't as aggressive. The '10 has a higher stock HP rating also. So in the end, when basically the same mods are done the HP is close with the '10 being a little ahead. Your LT will help you more with a blower swap, so get that TVS, Whipple or KB. But you should be making less boost and more power then your wife's car as is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread