add on mods or whipple?

truk

Established Member
ok just bought truck and want to go faster! i would like to run low 12s or high 11's, and still not hurt the engine or run no2. i figure add ons will run 2000 to 2500 ? thats a guess, a whipple is 3500 plus modualer depot wants 1500 to install which i think is high that dont include any dyno time or a tune plus they said i would need other mods to suport it . what do you guys think? thanks matt

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Its going to take you a lot more money then that to run high 11's.
Whipple-3500
Pumps-200
Injectors-350
MAFia- 150 or SCT 2400-230
Traction bars-300
Slicks-400
Shocks-300 just for the rear
Tune + tuner- 600+

and the list goes on and on.

truk

Established Member
ive been hanging here and nloc forum for a month or two amd get more confused!! lol i know ill need slicks and tracks bars. but hte rest still not sure which way to go . there doesnt seem to be anyone local to work on this or buy parts from, so im thinking of just making road trip and have it all done at one place.

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Getting these trucks to run in the 11's on the stock long block is a tricky buisness. (Unless your willing to spray it) You will need alot more than just a Whipple. You will need all the supporting mods (pumps, injectors, MAF extender, good tune, ect.)

On a side note....$1500 seems a bit steep for a Whipple install. Just my $.02

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
truk said:
ok just bought truck and want to go faster! i would like to run low 12s or high 11's, and still not hurt the engine or run no2. i figure add ons will run 2000 to 2500 ? thats a guess, a whipple is 3500 plus modualer depot wants 1500 to install which i think is high that dont include any dyno time or a tune plus they said i would need other mods to suport it . what do you guys think? thanks matt

Matt, If you buy mods and don't want to pay MD to install them, I'll help you do them. I have a good size garage and I'm about 1.5 hrs away in Hillsboro.

Rich

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i would get a used 2.3 kb or used whipple to get the power you need to get low 12's. the fastest i went on my stock block with full boltons with a ported eaton runing a 6# lower pulley is 12.5...in the q/t. swaping blowers is not that hard. $1500 is way to much.

truk

Established Member
i think i can do the mods my self ,even the blower, ive built race engines before plus son-in is ase cert mech. , and rich might take you up on that, but we still need a ohio gathering ! lol

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
truk said:
i think i can do the mods my self ,even the blower, ive built race engines before plus son-in is ase cert mech. , and rich might take you up on that, but we still need a ohio gathering ! lol

Yes we do.

Rich

truk

Established Member
yup its red!! just bought it i think i was in tipp. it has a lighting bolt on the side.

svtsilverback

Established Member
too much for the install. i can help with the install also. i have a great pic that i guy sent me off f150online from his whipple install. deletes egr, boost by-pass and everything is in color. will save you hours on your install. MD does good work though and they are the ones helping me tune my truck. install the whipple yourself and put the 1500 towards the pumps, injectors, maf, and dyno tune. you will be happy

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The hard part is that you will be spending a lot of of cash on supporting mods for the Whipple.

$1500.00 for a Whipple install is flat out an ass raping. Even with tuning thats way to much.

todd abbott

Established Member
IMO in order to run the whipple on a stock block you need to make other upgrades to up the saftey factor, MAF/fuel pumps/injectors/plugs ect.. you get the idea and even with all the above the OEM rods are still an issue, so even after you drop 3200.00 for a whipple theres still another grand in parts that should be added not to mention the retuning needed, as for running 11's stock block the above is correct you'll need to add slicks/t bars/driveshaft loop as a minimum requirement, shocks would also help but many have dropped into the 11's on stock shocks, with labor for all the above your looking at 6-7 grand easy.

Users who are viewing this thread