Add me to the list of BLOWN plugs...

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Number two blew out last night. Idleing through the parking lot at Wallmart behind some old guy last night. It'll cost $175.00 for the local engine machine shop to do a insert in 30min. But not untill thursday. Or I can put a helicoil in on my own, but I don't have a air compressor to blow out any shavings, and that's a long way down to see what I'm doing. I could put some grease on the thread boar, but you can't be sure that will catch it all.

The worst part is, last week I sold my beater car, and then that afternoon, the head gasket went on the SVTF, and I still haven't got to that yet. So now I'm down to no vehical. I pulled the injector, and coilpack to get to work today, and I think I'm going to drop it off at the shop.

Thanks for letting me vent.

HalfTime

Established Member
Yea, that's what really pisses me off. I've allways bean cautious and checked them everey 3 months or so, and I've never had one lossen, so this winter I missed the last plug check, and I haven't even gotten WOT yet this year. I was at a light, stoped, turned right, idled through traffic, pulled into wallmart, idle behind this old guy, and BOOM!

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
at idle that is odd.

Sucks about the no car at all.....

I was sort of in that boat a year or two ago, 4 vehicles and at one point only one worked...

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Eventually your gonna have to replace the heads... I ran a timesert for about a year and a half and finally that cyl ended up with ZERO compression in it after racing. Start saving now...

recontech76

Established Member
Number two blew out last night. Idleing through the parking lot at Wallmart behind some old guy last night. It'll cost $175.00 for the local engine machine shop to do a insert in 30min. But not untill thursday. Or I can put a helicoil in on my own, but I don't have a air compressor to blow out any shavings, and that's a long way down to see what I'm doing. I could put some grease on the thread boar, but you can't be sure that will catch it all.

The worst part is, last week I sold my beater car, and then that afternoon, the head gasket went on the SVTF, and I still haven't got to that yet. So now I'm down to no vehical. I pulled the injector, and coilpack to get to work today, and I think I'm going to drop it off at the shop.

Thanks for letting me vent.
welcome to the club

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
That's rough! Thanks for posting, makes me want to def keep my beater that just turned 207k miles.

HalfTime

Established Member
How do you check your plugs?? What are you looking for? ...Yeah its a noob question sorry lol

Even noob questions are important. Just make sure they are still tight. It's time consuming, but it's worth the piece of mind. I've never had one back out before.

Bob, that's what I'm going to to. Should be done Thursday. I've convinced my father in law to loan me his bike for a month or so. That'll be a nice change in gas price.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I'm with ya. I'm yanking both heads and addressing other things along with timeserting all 8. Gave me a reason to upgrade cams. ;)

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
The first one i serted i didnt have an air compressor to blow it out either. I just made sure i greased it real well to catch the major ones. Anything else will be tiny enough to just go through the cycle.

Of course its easier with the air compressor, however the grease kinda makes it hard to blow anything out anyway.

HalfTime

Established Member
Back on the road. But now I can hear the injectors, and every other tick, real or imaginarry. lol

Users who are viewing this thread