Add a mag catted x ???

BULL

Established Member
Anyone here have a magnaflow cayt back then added a mag catted x....If so what was your impression ? did it change the sound of your catback. or was it just louder ? Was it worth it ? If you had to do it over would you change anything ? Im thinking of adding the catted x and just wondering what to expect. Hate to spend the cash then regret it.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
cannot speak from experience, but from what i have read here. Catted x = drone.

wmccormick

Established Member
Stay with the stock H

I did this and I could feel the loss in low end torq and it changes the exhaust note. I think the sound with the stock h pipe sounds more nascar, with the catted x the sound will be exotic all the way with a little drone. I have read you can get most of the torq back with a custom tune, I have not looked in to this because I really don't want to void my warrenty yet. I just reinstalled my stock h last night and all the low end torq is back and sounds better. I will have track time comparison next week, my plans are for a off road h once I start changing pullies and retune the car. I have also considered hacking off the two top converters on the stock H, If anyone has done this please tell.

BULL

Established Member
william , thanks for the reply, will you be selling your catted x pipe ??

ALA G8R

Banned
Sound definitely gets more exotic with the catted x-pipe versus catback only. Drone is more, but that is cured by Bassani baffles. I didn't notice any SOTP drop off in TQ with the x-pipe versus not. I dyno'd at 407/386 RW with the x-pipe, catback, and 9" AFE filter.

Peace!

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I had a mangaflow x installed after my CB, and took it off 3 days later. The sound was, IMO, way too high pitched and the drone was absolultely horrible. I plan on going with an aftermarket H.

Users who are viewing this thread