Active exhaust hung

Elnrownr

4.slow
Established Member
Anyone had any problems with this , my drive modeselection isnt available and the flaps either hang open or closed or 1 is open snd the other is closed.

It's done this off and on since day 1

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
There is a sensor that reads what position the flap is in. Could be having trouble reading where the "home" position is. Try to unplug the sensor and your battery and allow it to reset.

If that does not work then take it back to the dealer so they can replace it. Not a tough fix. Advice from others is to return your exhaust to normal mode before turning off the car. Especially in cold climates.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Active exhaust.

Wish someone would come up with a way to make the default mode to the track setting or at least so it doesn't reset to quiet every time you shut it off. Maybe I should be happy I don't have to buy another exhaust system to get some sound out of it....but man you have to love that sound!!!!:thumbsup:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Why not just disconnect the arm to the butterfly valve on each muffler and fix the valve to the open position?

Shelbyman

Established Member
Next time I get it on a lift I will have to check out how easy it is to do this. I had it on a lift but didn't get a good pic of the muffler area. In my pic all I can see is a belly pan and I'm not sure how far out it goes towards the mufflers. Would be nice to set it so you can use the quiet mode if you wanted to....like early in the AM when I'm heading out of my complex. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread