act pro racer stage 3 + cam tuning

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Can anyone send me a stage 3 cam base file for sct to get it to idle running 160 lb low imp I'm having a hell of a time getting it to idle even cold . Running. Slot may and mm stage r turbo cams

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Those injectors are tough to get working right as there is no real good injector data available. I sold my 160's and went to id1300's. I could get it to idle, but it was so hard to control fueling I just gave up. I wish I could be more helpful, good luck.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Those injectors are tough to get working right as there is no real good injector data available. I sold my 160's and went to id1300's. I could get it to idle, but it was so hard to control fueling I just gave up. I wish I could be more helpful, good luck.

It's really trial and error I'm using Bosch data scaled .3 with 0 mp and changed the battery voltage as well as displacement and manifold scalar I'll play with mad and idle now. I've herd a few getting them going and in the process talking with a twin turbo Mach that had great success with them. Just waiting to compare tunes

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I read all the same stuff you did and tried all those things. In the end, even a highly experienced tuner and myself could not get em right. Yes the car ran, it idled etc, but the driveability sucked, was super rich at idle and other various problems that could not be resolved.

The id1300's were world's better to tune in every aspect. I know they cost an assload of cash and I was hesitant also, but they tuned out so nice and the car drives mint with them. Good luck man, let us know how it turns out.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I read all the same stuff you did and tried all those things. In the end, even a highly experienced tuner and myself could not get em right. Yes the car ran, it idled etc, but the driveability sucked, was super rich at idle and other various problems that could not be resolved.

The id1300's were world's better to tune in every aspect. I know they cost an assload of cash and I was hesitant also, but they tuned out so nice and the car drives mint with them. Good luck man, let us know how it turns out.

I will I wonder what the trick in the tune is I'll be fine combing every scalar if I have to hopefully I don't have to drop the money like you I would probably go with injector dynamics which is $$$$ lol

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Just a update got it running on 93 pretty good charge pipe off so I'll do some driving tuning now but runs pretty good. No shudders in revs at all smooth across the board

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
took my stock maf transfer made the difference change from 75mm to 101mm. then i multiplyed maf transfer, manifold, engine displacment, and bosch injector data by .5. injector mpw set to 0. played with maf transfer just a tad to make it run a little leaner at idle. and raised idle to 900rpms for mmr stage r cams. still playing with that see if i can get it to idle around 850 with a nice chop to it.

Users who are viewing this thread