Accufab & Whipple ?

TEABG

Banned
Would an Accufab Oval T-Body work on a Whipple that is design for the factory T-Body? Or am I suck with a twin sytle throttle body? If so I will try a 99-01 twin bore Accufab T-body on the Whipple.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
C H I N I said:
what does the port look like on the whipple?

The Whipple has the split for a twin blade, the accufab would be to large I think. Anyways I will still be buying the 3.25" from you. For your time and troulbe with the Accufab I will throw in another $20.00. Sound fair?

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Unfortunately you're stuck with a "stock style" type throttle body since you have the dual bore inlet. You can change the inlet to the blower (the whole elbow) for the single blade option... but last I heard it was over $600 bucks from Whipple for the elbow and that's not including the throttle body.

I know xtremejc runs a stock TB on his car and hasn't really noticed that much difference in power levels due to the throttle body. Maybe he will come on here and chime in :)

Shannon

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
TEABG said:
The Whipple has the split for a twin blade, the accufab would be to large I think. Anyways I will still be buying the 3.25" from you. For your time and troulbe with the Accufab I will throw in another $20.00. Sound fair?
Its cool dude, you didnt know! ;-)

TEABG

Banned
FOURCED said:
Unfortunately you're stuck with a "stock style" type throttle body since you have the dual bore inlet. You can change the inlet to the blower (the whole elbow) for the single blade option... but last I heard it was over $600 bucks from Whipple for the elbow and that's not including the throttle body.

I know xtremejc runs a stock TB on his car and hasn't really noticed that much difference in power levels due to the throttle body. Maybe he will come on here and chime in :)

Shannon

Going to call Accufab Mon to see if this application will work. This is smaller than the 03-04 Cobra oval and should bolt right up. The Accufab T-body for the FORD GT is a dual blade. Maybe that one will work also.

<< 1996 - 1998 cobra & bullitt throttle bodies...
Accufab's elliptical throttle body is designed to be used on the 1996-1998 Cobra and Mustang Bullitt. Our quest for achieving high performance coupled with the quality of this product is bound to show great results in your application. Dyno tests on a stock vehicle show a 5 to 7hp gain. The stock twin blade flows 1089 cfm compared to Accufab's single blade which flows 1284 cfm. Minimum modifications to the intake manifold need to be made in order to accommodate the single blade. We manufacture a Special Cobra Throttle body specifically for cars making 550hp+ or KenneBell Supercharged vehicles. This throttle body flows 1696 cfm. Horsepower gains vary depending on your vehicle modifications. Gasket and TPS screws included.

Special 550hp+ Cobra/Bullitt T/body:

SCTB96-98 - $389.99

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I'm going with the big bore whipple just because I love the throttle response I get with the accufab on my stock eaton.

Yo TEABG hope you get it worked out. Sent you a PM a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread