Accufab throttle body question

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Installed a 60mm tb this weekend. Only have one problem, it holds idle at about 2k Rpms when I'm stopped (when stopped it will hold idle at 2k for a few second then drop to like 700rpms and shoot right back to normal idle right after it drops to 700) and when driving, it almost feels as if cruise control is on. I notice it especially when downshifting, put clutch in, downshift, release clutch and it like kicks back like I had it revved hi and dump the clutch.

Is there any way to adjust the idle?

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Yeah, it will idle at about 2k then drops after about 6-7seconds all the way to about 700rpms and immediately back up. I'll def take a look and see of it's closing all the way, and check for leaks.

So the idle does drop back down after a few seconds of it idle high? If so try to clean the IAC or get this, Ford Mustang Cobra Saleen Mach 1 GT 4 6 IAC Restrictor | eBay

Or make your own. If it stays high then see if the TB is closing all the way or any vacuum leaks.

4a7191a

Established Member
i had one do that, i couldnt get it right. so i sent it back. its a known problem on them, check out mach1registry.org theres lots of stotys on not being able to get them to work right.

Andrewmach1

Established Member
i looked online and found a way to fix the problem, directions came from accufab themselves. i did what it said and now it holds idle at 1500rpms instead of 2000. it does rev down faster, but sitting at an idle and revving past 2k and waiting for it to drop back own is annoying. i watch the rpms drop slowly and choppy in incriments of 200 until 1k then it drops to 700 really quick and revs back up really quick to 1k.

very annoying, i think ill just switch back to the stock throttle body

Machery

Established Member
I bought an accufab for my mach, and had same issues then some......Took it off and sold it on ebay. MOst have said the stock t'body is more than big enough as well as reliable. I ran 11's with the stock peice.......good enough for me!

Andrewmach1

Established Member
What's the best way to check for vacuum leaks? Cleaned the iac and tb, put a restrictor plate on. It helped for driving, the revs dont hold at 2k when in gear or driving and they fall nicely, and decel nicely, but at a stop light the revs will hold at 2k. Need to four this out! It's driving me mental, I don't want to put the stock tb on after paying a good amount for this one!! Nt until all other options are tried

Users who are viewing this thread