Accufab throttle body drivability mod

99FiveOh

Established Member
Hey guys. I see this guy stopped making the kits years ago but I recently acquired a 2.3 Whipple that had one of these famous Accufabs installed on it and I'm having the drivability issues that so many others have had. If anyone has one of these kits on their car is there a way to duplicate it? I really don't want to have to buy another throttle body. If I do, what single blade units are good and don't have these issues?

TIA

cj428mach

Established Member
He explains in his thread on modford how to build one. Its just about 3 bucks in parts and 20 min in the garage.

99FiveOh

Established Member
Yes, he mentioned in his first thread where he was selling them that he'd make a new thread to show how to make it. I couldn't find the "how to make" thread to save my life. If you have a link I'd appreciate it!

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
But he stated this only works on the older accufab throttle bodies. I don't remember what the difference was now though.

I thought it works on the new ones but you lose cruise control. The difference on new vs old throttle body is the cruise control connection.

99FiveOh

Established Member
My accufab came with a very early gen 1 2.3 Whipple. It's probably as old as the blower itself but I definitely feel the issues with it and would like to fix it rather than buy a different tbody.

stangfreak

Established Member
I wish doug at billetflow was still making his gen 2 throttle bodies. I still have mine but id like to buy a spare one just to have

cj428mach

Established Member
I wish doug at billetflow was still making his gen 2 throttle bodies. I still have mine but id like to buy a spare one just to have

I think he gave up because he couldn't make them work right consistently, and lord knows his customer service wasn't good enough to work with the people on them.

Users who are viewing this thread