Accufab TB put on a Dynojet

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Just got back from Swansons Performance to see what the Accufab TB produced. Not real happy since i dished out $600.00 to JDM. (600 to my door overnight for a TB.) :bash:

Prior to the Accufab my car Dynod @ 417.1RHWP & 398RWTQ

Today's
1st Run result was only 421RWHP & 398RWTQ.

Didnt get Chit really. So Danny played with the A/F, Rich to Lean, Lean to Leaner, Leaner to Richer. 13 pulls & got the below.

Final result = 425.9RHWP & 404RWTQ.

Main gain on the TQ is as follows....
From 3000RPM TQ was @ 380RWTQ
by 3500RPM TQ was @ 400RWTQ & climing to 404RWTQ
till 4500RPM TQ was @ 400RWTQ & dropping slowly.

Prior to the Accufab TQ was as follows
From 3000RPM TQ was @ 375RWTQ
by 3500RPM TQ was @ 390RWTQ & climing to 398RWTQ
till 4200RPM TQ was dropping

That was only a gain of 6RWTQ but the TQ held steady & a few hundred RPM longer VS not having the TB.

Main gain on the HP is as follows....
From 3000RPM HP was @ 220RWHP
by 5500RPM HP was @ 400RWHP & climing steady
till 6200RPM HP was @ 425.9RWHP & the starts dropping mad.

Prior to the Accufab HP was almost at the same numbers but didnt get to 400RWHP till pass 5600rpm.
BUT the catch was the HP was so much liner up to 417RWHP.
5600rpm - 6500rpm the power didnt drop much all.

WAS THE ACCUFAB WORTH ITS $600.00 ID SPENT? Also with out the Tuner i wouldnt see the gains at all. :shurg:

Current Mods.
Air Silencer Removed, K&N Replacement Filter, Bassani un-Catted X-Pipe, 3" Flomasters & Custom Cat-Back Exhaust, Accufab T/B & Autologic Chip.

03DOHC

Established Member
On a relatively stock car like yours and mine, I wouldn't expect a whole lot unless the stock TB was very restrictive at that power level, which apparently it's not. That's what most here have said.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I wouldn't say it wasn't worth it, run some more boost and then the TB will really help.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Do you have a camera? Take a pic of the graphs if you do. Thats what I do. I don't have a scanner either.

I'm going to get my car dyno'd this week or the next. I installed the accufab the other day. I have before dyno numbers and I will get after numbers soon. I'm also going to see how the C&L 95MM MAF and 9'' filter Compare to the stock maf and dropin K&N. I'll most likely rent the dyno an hour and play around with things.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Thank you.
But i swear that the car feels so much better then what i saw on the Dynojet. But Almost 10hp & the 6tq id say it will be worth it when i go to the DARK SIDE....in about a week.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
WAS THE ACCUFAB WORTH ITS $600.00 ID SPENT?
Did u disconnect the battery for 10 minutes? When mine was installed it initially showed little to no gain, after reconnecting i gained 20/19. I was at 454rwhp before the TB. More food for thought..if the TB wasn't worth it..Kenne Bell wouldn't include Accufab's TB on their 03 blowers.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
why did you disconnect the battery? To reset something? I didn't know reseting the computer was part of the installation instructions.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chit there was no instructions that come with it. Think some folks are having problems with the Installs. Well think i will do that now but im not at the shop no more :(

But some thing gained is some thing good. Be more mad if i didnt see any gains.

As 03DOHC said it. I'd leave it alone for other mods if i had to do it again.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
why did you disconnect the battery? To reset something? I didn't know reseting the computer was part of the installation instructions.
The dyno shop i was at couldn't figure out why i showed no gain. He made a phone call..whoever he called told them to DC the battery.

Bosko

Established Member
I just put my Accufab on about a month ago.. I had a chip, Xpipe and Catback with a 2.93 pulley and Stock K&N Replacement filter... There was a very noticeable difference SOTP. Much more responsive... I then added a 90mm Maf Adapter and a Big fliter and got rid of the stock air box crap and noticed another pretty good diffrence. Im glad I bought my pretty polished Accufab T/B.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Bosko, did you have to reburn your chip after adding the Accufab?
I think this will be my next mod.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: Re: Accufab TB put on a Dynojet

Originally posted by Xplicit
More food for thought..if the TB wasn't worth it..Kenne Bell wouldn't include Accufab's TB on their 03 blowers.
The TB is an option for the KB and has to be specified when ordered. KB claims the following gains from their TB

NoHPat 400
4HPat 450
8HPat 500
10HPat 550

fakesnake.com

Established Member
That's more than the 2 RWHP I got with it. The manufacturers test their cars with a stock set up. It seems any mod done to a stock cobra will net you 20+ RWHP. Once you put several mods together, the gains tend to not be as big a difference.

Bosko

Established Member
ADR - I didnt have the chip reburned. From my preveous dyno I was a little TAD on the rich side. So I dont think this is hurting me at all, Im headed to the dyno next month for a tune.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
My car wouldnt not of gotton the TQ over 400TQ if the Tuner didnt mess with the A/F. 1 run the A/F got so freaking Rich that it went pass 10:1 & nothing registered.

Now my freaking A/F is in the 12:1 - 12-9 depending on the RPM range....stressing about the pulley on how much air to fuel its going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread