Accufab tb/plenum question

Skillz

Established Member
I'm having idle issues with the car and it seems as if the throttle body isn't closing all the way when I let off the throttle. The only "spring" on the throttle body is the one that's wrapped around the lever. There is a provision for another spring that hangs off to the side, yet I do not have a spring nor are there any provisions for the spring to connect to anywhere. Nothing on the bracket, nothing on the blower, nothing on the plenum. So my question is, are they supposed to have a spring on them?

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I'm having idle issues with the car and it seems as if the throttle body isn't closing all the way when I let off the throttle. The only "spring" on the throttle body is the one that's wrapped around the lever. There is a provision for another spring that hangs off to the side, yet I do not have a spring nor are there any provisions for the spring to connect to anywhere. Nothing on the bracket, nothing on the blower, nothing on the plenum. So my question is, are they supposed to have a spring on them?

I would try adjusting the screw that holds the TB valve. Has a little nut on it to hold it in place. Other then that you could try to put on a new throttle response spring. SBTB are infamous for sticking.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
I had the same problem with mine, got a different spring and it continued... that type of stuff really bother's me, so I just sold it lol.

Skillz

Established Member
I would try adjusting the screw that holds the TB valve. Has a little nut on it to hold it in place. Other then that you could try to put on a new throttle response spring. SBTB are infamous for sticking.

You mean the nut on the side? I can try loosing it; but I think it just needs a beefier spring to get it back into place.

These had issues back in the day. Is it an older TB or did you buy it new?

I would assume it's an older one, I bought it used a while back.

The problem just occurred though, granted I don't have many miles on the car with the new tb/plenum setup. It's rather annoying to say the lease. :(

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Do the new Accufabs have the same issue? if so whats the cure or what is the SBTB on the market without the idle issues?

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
just attach a little spring to the hook on the bottom of the TB and drill a tiny hole on the bracket where your throttle cable and cruise control cable are and you will be golden.

Skillz

Established Member
just attach a little spring to the hook on the bottom of the TB and drill a tiny hole on the bracket where your throttle cable and cruise control cable are and you will be golden.

This is basically what I plan to do. Searching for some cheap return springs so I can see which size/strength spring I need.

Users who are viewing this thread