Accufab TB/PL Combo?

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
Those of you that are running these on your Cobra,how much of a difference did it make and is it worth it?I'm getting ready to change my upper and get a Dyno tune done and am wondering how much of a gain will I see adding the TB/PL.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Accufab TB in my opinion is the best you're going to find out there. It's a very high quality piece. I believe you will see some gains but don't expect anything huge. Maybe somewhere in the RPM range you will peak about 10rwhp but the best thing about the accufab TB over the stock TB is the throttle response and crisp feel to it. It's a night and day difference from stock.

In my opinion it's a pricey mod for the power but for me I had a KB on which is why I went with it. Again more for throttle response and feel than power gains. If you have the $500+ to spend it's a great mod. Let us know if you want one as we have plenty in stock. Thanks, Jared

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
black03 said:
The Accufab TB in my opinion is the best you're going to find out there. It's a very high quality piece. I believe you will see some gains but don't expect anything huge. Maybe somewhere in the RPM range you will peak about 10rwhp but the best thing about the accufab TB over the stock TB is the throttle response and crisp feel to it. It's a night and day difference from stock.

In my opinion it's a pricey mod for the power but for me I had a KB on which is why I went with it. Again more for throttle response and feel than power gains. If you have the $500+ to spend it's a great mod. Let us know if you want one as we have plenty in stock. Thanks, Jared

+1 Well put Jared...:rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Lances03GT said:
Those of you that are running these on your Cobra,how much of a difference did it make and is it worth it?I'm getting ready to change my upper and get a Dyno tune done and am wondering how much of a gain will I see adding the TB/PL.

I love my Accufab "Big Oval" Throttle Body & Power Inlet Pipe! The only negative about it is the hanging idle, but I've heard that it's only w/ a few (unfortunately mine does it). The throttle response is an unbelievable difference though. It's crazy!!!

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Has Accufab fixed the problems with the hanging idle and will they replace a model that sticks? From what I have gather, it is hit or miss with these TB's.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i love how people dont give credit to stock parts .... hoesntly the stock one flows pretty well compared to others

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Gladiator said:
i love how people dont give credit to stock parts .... hoesntly the stock one flows pretty well compared to others

Maybe so, but the "Big Oval" TB flows something like 40% better. That's a huge difference! Plus the throttle response is ridiculously better as well...

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The ported stock TB/plenum is a very efficient and productive mod, especially with medium (450 to 525) RWHP applications. But once you start getting to higher horsepower levels, the Accufab setup becomes a more worthwhile setup. By design, it flows more air, more efficiently.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
IronTerp said:
The ported stock TB/plenum is a very efficient and productive mod, especially with medium (450 to 525) RWHP applications. But once you start getting to higher horsepower levels, the Accufab setup becomes a more worthwhile setup. By design, it flows more air, more efficiently.

So basically if you're planning on porting the Eaton, you go w/ the ported stock TB/IP, but if you're going Twin-Screw, you go w/ the "Big Oval" TB/IP. That's a pretty good philosophy to me! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread